bowandspear 16-Mar-18
mrw 17-Mar-18
DeanMan 17-Mar-18
Dthfrmabove 17-Mar-18
bowandspear 17-Mar-18
Dthfrmabove 17-Mar-18
Dthfrmabove 17-Mar-18
05-Mar-18
It's time to pick a date, before Turkey opener. Next 2 weeks I'm traveling, after that is good. We need a When and a Where.

06-Mar-18
March is brutal for me... April work? - SCRATCH ME... I was thinking you were talking a general Bowsite MA gathering... I'm scared enough in a tree with a harness and stand... Harness alone would be more than I can handle :) So, disregard me :)

06-Mar-18
How about Sunday April 8th? I will be home that weekend to fish the wachusett. Maybe at the rod and gun club in hopkinton? I forget who offered that, but it seemed like a good middle ground.

06-Mar-18
Oh, that kind of saddle. I thought we were talking about hunting from horseback...

06-Mar-18
I like it, April 8th! We need a confirmation for the Hopkinton Rod & Gun club. Will, why can't this be the annual? Or semi-annual?

Anyway, if we don't get a Go for Hopkinton and no other central spot becomes available, plan on Rehoboth.

06-Mar-18
Okay, and guys could bring climbers to let guys try out too... I'll bring mine to show you which one not to get! Haha. I'm in the market for a new climber and wouldn't hate trying a few different ones before buying!!

06-Mar-18

peterk1234's Link
Given how bad the ski has been, I should be around. I couldn't wait any longer so I have put together a sitdrag and harness setup. I am using Wild Edge Steps and a whoopie sling aider to climb. I will bring it all. Hopefully, by then I will have figured out how to use it. Oh, and I can't wait to show you guys my platform.

The link above is my first time ever shooting from a harness. I love it :)

Pete

06-Mar-18
Ha - good point MRW. Ill check the calendar. Worst case, I can take pic's of you guys swinging around in the trees to add color to a thread about the day on here :)

06-Mar-18
I'm in wherever it is. If I make it above 15 feet someone should take pictures for posterity sake! Lol

06-Mar-18
Nothing to see here, just a bunch of dudes swinging from their crotches in the woods.

But seriously, April 8th works for me. I think my aerohunter should have arrived by then. I could definitely benefit from a how to session.

06-Mar-18
It's all good. At the worst it's a good time to meet some of y'all and see different ways to hunt out of tree's.

Regardless of where we do it I hope a few of us can bring a little sampling of something delicious we harvested to sample. I'll bug Bow&Spear to bring some Pastrami!

08-Mar-18
April 8th works.

Tekoa

09-Mar-18
c'mon Will, once you go...saddle...you don't go back. (lol...okay, that was a bit of a stretch).

I feel way more secure in a saddle than i do in a regular SOTP type harness and stand. theres nothing to fall off of since you're literally already hanging.

hopefully I'll see you guys there

09-Mar-18

hickstick's embedded Photo
hickstick's embedded Photo
oh and Pete...shots look good....but thats the 'easy side' lol...try loosening up a little bit and get more space between you and the trunk. it'll give you more freedom and open up more shooting angles....

see how much space I have?

09-Mar-18
Thx hickstick. I recently placed my platform just a few feet from the ground so I could shoot from all angles. Agreed, having the tether lengthened made a huge difference. Even shooting over the bridge was not hard. I cannot believe how versatile the setup is for shooting with the bow.

09-Mar-18
Hick that's an awesome picture. And a seeet looking spot!

09-Mar-18
I think this may actually work - it seems to line up. My b-day is the sixth and I have a "father daughter" dance that night. Saturday can be family time, and thus I may be able to pull this off... cool.

12-Mar-18
April 8 sounds good. Pending any dance competitions or hockey tournaments that are out of state. Excited to see how it is really done. I have a tree saddle before but could never quite get comfy in it. Couldn't figure out how to get something comfortable under my feet and they got sore after and hour or so, but other than that I loved the thing. My biddies looked at me really weird when I showed up and just wore that in while they had the bulky climbers on their back. Plus I have two killer spots that I can't setup in because of the lack of big trees

14-Mar-18
moons....in that shot there's a doe bedded over my right shoulder in the thick stuff on the field edge. lol I grew up right across the street.

15-Mar-18
Do we have a where yet?

15-Mar-18
I forget who thought they might be able to get the Hopkinton Rod and Gun club, that would be nice and central. If we can't get that or something similar, we an do it at my place in Rehoboth, Z11.

16-Mar-18
I'm in, venison pastrami, good crew... All good things. Can you please do the demo in the tree you took your Thanksgiving day buck MRW?

17-Mar-18
No one wants to go trudging through a swamp this time of year . . . Actually the way I hunted Thanksgiving is kind of what we are trying to do here. I went in with sticks and my saddle, found a good tree with fresh sign and setup as quietly as I could.

Wherever we go we'll need parking, tree's we can gently abuse and power. My place will work, although I'll be traveling the week up to the 8th so I'll have to get things cleaned up before I go away. But really, this is a laid back gathering showing off different ways we like to climb trees and kick back shootin' the shit.

17-Mar-18
Dth, I didn't know you were a dance competitor! Break dancing? Or ballroom?.. I'm going to try to make it if I can,it would be interesting to see this saddle system and of course to meet all of you.

17-Mar-18
Dean Man

EXOTIC !!!!!!!

17-Mar-18
Deanman lmao I was thinking same thing but you posted it. DFA so we should find a pole rather than a tree for this? J/k . Just throwing this out there but how about Freetown State Forest?

17-Mar-18
Bowand spear I can always just shave the bark off the tree!!! It tends to chafe a bit.

17-Mar-18
I think we need to take a look at where everyone is coming from and pick a central location. Mark in rehoboth seems to be pretty central. Freetown forest isn t that far From me either

I am at the far end of the perimeter, in Marion which is at the end of 495 south & 195 west. I know there are 4-6 of us down here, but don't know who is joining the party. I can host too have plenty of straight trees in the backyard and all the amenities for a get together

Let's see if we can get a roll call of who and where and put a dot in the middle. Might work out. I will start a new thread

• Sitka Gear