onX Maps
Hunts on youtube
New York
Contributors to this thread:
Droptine10 06-Mar-18
pogo 06-Mar-18
skipmaster1 06-Mar-18
06-Mar-18
Since getting back into this I have watched a LOT of bow hunts on youtube. It's crazy, for every hunt I see a guy using fixed blade heads there's 30 with guys using mechanical. Sales on fixed heads must be so low these days. I still use a fixed blade head.I don't trust a mechanical for a low exit out of a tree, especially with my short draw and K.E. levels. I like my odds with my WASP drone and bone contact as well. What are your thoughts on this ?.

06-Mar-18
I switched from a Wasp Series Two to the Kill Zones by NAP when I went with a Bear Charge bow about six years ago. The Kill Zones fly excellent and leaves a gaping hole after pass through. I shoot a full length shaft and my bow is set at only 50 pounds. But it's also important to know your limits. Mine is nothing past 30 yards.

06-Mar-18
I always have a NAP Spitfire in my quiver. Usually a fixed blade as well, lately it's been Viper Tricks. If i had to only shoot one head for deer sized animals out of my compound for the rest of my life it would probably be a Spitfire. I just have so much faith in them. The important thing is not to skip tuning just because you shoot a mechanical head. I still walk back tune to at least 70 yards. My bow weight with my DL gives me some flexibility. For my stick bows I usually shoot an incredibly heavy arrow and solid 3 blade heads and I won't be switching that anytime soon. It works too well to change.

• Sitka Gear