Dthfrmabove 10-Mar-18
mrw 10-Mar-18
strokedfx 10-Mar-18
mrw 12-Mar-18
Murphy31 12-Mar-18
Jebediah 12-Mar-18
Tajue17 14-Mar-18
09-Mar-18
I guess someone thought I was set up in a bad spot. They took my stand/ sticks and set it up some where better. Just waiting on the note to where that is.

10-Mar-18
Ass holes. Hope it's not another hunter. Thanks sucks, sorry man.

10-Mar-18
I would guess 95% chance another hunter

10-Mar-18
You are wrong GED and Moons. Its not "another hunter" because a true hunter would never do that to one of his brothers. It was "ANOTHER ASSHOLE"

10-Mar-18
This crap pisses me off beyond belief, so to hear Murphy.

10-Mar-18
That sucks

10-Mar-18
That sucks

10-Mar-18
Yup amazing how many scumbags are out there.

10-Mar-18
I knew I should have grabbed it after archery season. Wish I didn't put it off.

10-Mar-18
I hope it wasn't lone wolf gear Murphy

10-Mar-18
It actually was a lone wolf stand and field and stream sticks.

10-Mar-18
Sorry Murphy, that sucks brother. Losing a good stand is the worst! I had to leave my climber in at the end of last season because I lost the keys to my lock. I'll be back in a couple of weeks with bolt cutters and my fingers crossed. It's sad that we have to worry about this at all.

10-Mar-18
Murphy I feel ur pain! It makes me really upset when I hear these things. I was hunting on land off of rt 70 in leominster years ago where I had written permission and someone stole my summit climber!!! May you have better days brother.

10-Mar-18
yup I've got a lone wolf alpha and LW sticks too. thats a hard hit to take. thats why I never leavem

10-Mar-18
That stand has survived 4 seasons in Ohio with zero problems. It's first ma season, and it vanishes. I just wonder if these dirt bags set them up and hunt out of them. Just couldn't imagine them sitting in it not being reminded of how big of a tool they are.

10-Mar-18
Had a friend catch a guy in Freetown State Forest on ATV with bolt cutters and 4 stands. He reported him to EPO. Definite scumbags.

10-Mar-18
Unbelievable. "Okay honey, I'm gonna go steal tree stands. Be back around dinner time!" Douchebags

10-Mar-18
Really sorry to hear that Murphy! Sucks. The worst part, is that it seems like these folks are A-Holes who take part in the act of hunting. Rare is the hiker or bird watcher or whatever who just randomly walks through the forest. So frustrating.

I dont know if this is true, but the greatest story about this ever was on Boston Bowhunter last fall. I think I told this to DFA, not sure if I posted it. The cliff notes version is that the guy lost trail cams in an area he'd hunted for over a decade. Happened a few years. He's handy, so he hid a gps tracker in a dummy cam set it up, and let the local warden know what he'd done. The tracker sent notice to his email if it moved, and then he could use an app on his phone to find the location.

He gets in his stand on afternoon, maybe the first week of the season last year. His phone buzzes and he looks - Ahhhh the tracker is on the move. He hustles out, calls the warden, follows the signal to a parked suv or what not. Warden meets him, and tells him to stay back with his car. Warden talks to the young men that come out from hunting and asks if he may have a trail cam in the trunk. Kid stalls. Warden notes he has a gps tracker telling him it's in the trunk. Kid opens the trunk and hands the warden a cam. Warden calls guy over, asks if it's his cam... Yep, it was stolen LAST year - it's not the one that was just stolen :). They dig around and find it under something in the trunk (by trunk I'm talking hatchback area or whatever). Warden hands the gear back and asks the guy what he'd like to do... Hit em with the most you can :)

This sort of thing makes me want to do this to tree stands. There's a LOT of dirt bags out there.

Spike, what's your quote on this? People you meet in hunting are the best, or worst, there are not many in the middle... or something like that. Ugh.

10-Mar-18
Yup Will I always notice when I talk to hunters they are either great guys or the biggest Aholes you ever met no in between.

10-Mar-18
I’ve had a few stands stolen over the years, and that is the worst! I haven’t thought about this for a while, but one year I went in for an afternoon hunt, and someone had cut 3/4 of the way through my ladder straps. If it was dark I wouldn’t have noticed. WTF?

10-Mar-18
Man, I hate this stuff so much. I can't wrap my head around some dude walking through the woods, seeing a stand and thinking, "well, that's gonna be mine now".

Come november, that's so F'd!

10-Mar-18
How about the guy walking through woods that says I hate hunters so much I'll sabotage their stand to see if I can killem.

10-Mar-18
That’s what I wondered. Did someone want to hurt me, or did they think it would be funny. I don’t know, I moved the stand. Sucks, that was a good spot

10-Mar-18
Sorry to hear it Murphy.

CN , that is attempted assault. I seldom have a stand up without additional chain and lock as a safety . ( wrap the chain in an old towel)

I only lost the pins in one climber this year. Ha ha ha , ho ho ho , the fella didn't see the camera ...

10-Mar-18
Murphy that sucks sorry to hear that. I have had some stuff screwed with and it just leaves a bad taste in your mouth!!!

Will. I did enjoy that story I remember it in our conversation that night and have constantly thought about doing something like that. But I am stupid and will spend another hundred bucks this year for more cameras. !!!! Lol

10-Mar-18
I'm sorry I'm that A**hole. Well, not stands and cameras, but bright eyes . . . I have a jar of them . . .

. . . just jokes, I don't save them!

10-Mar-18
Here I am thinking hey I just found a stand damn this guys in a good spot I should leave a business card incase he needs help or hey look at that old stand man if it could talk. I snap pictures of old stands and new ones that catch my eye some day I'm going to build my kids a photo album of how life should be

12-Mar-18
Seriously, everytime I hear someone's stand getting stolen I love my saddle all the more. It never stays in the woods, I wear it in & out. It's hard to see what trees I routinely hunt out of. If I see another stand I'll setup 75 or 100 yards downwind of it, because that's where the deer are going to go once they see that stand - and they will. If I see fresh sign i can setup on that, not where I have that big metal contraption setup. I almost feel you're better off hunting on the ground than in a ladder stand, but I am admittedly prejudiced.

That said, sorry about your stand.

12-Mar-18
I've set up stands, and whacked them next day. Never saw one get sketched out by a well set up stand. I look for double trees and pine trees. They are my go to trees. I've never hunted from a ladder stand. Those things are eye sores.

12-Mar-18
They are indeed eyesores, but skipping up that ladder in ten seconds is hard to beat when you’ve only got a little time.

14-Mar-18
No offence but I would be too nervous to leave my LW stand out over night even if it was under a spotlight and across from a trail cam it would still go missing in Z11,, Murphy31 that sucks man I hope you find who did it... Don't forget they sell them little tracking chips you can hide in stands and ladders and track with your I phones not sure if they would work with stands but I know people that hide them in their tools at work..

I need to try a Tree Saddle I'm hearing more and more good things about them....but I need to see if I can shoot longbows and compounds from them or will they only work with compounds held vertically because stickbows I need to cant (lean) to the side and I'm thinking the bottom limb would come in and slap the tree?

• Sitka Gear