Aubs8 12-Mar-18
Arrowone 12-Mar-18
Droptine10 15-Mar-18
Blatch 17-Mar-18
Blatch 18-Mar-18
stjohnh4 15-Apr-18
Droptine10 15-Apr-18
11-Mar-18
So I'm in the market for a range finder. Never owned one or used one soooo... For tree stand hunt, what do you guys like and use ?.

12-Mar-18
I have a Leopold now that I love but it looks like it's discontinued. For me a lighted display is a must. I used to hate trying to see the readings in low light. If I were shopping for a new rangefinder I would be looking really hard at the Vortex Ranger

12-Mar-18
I was just looking at the Vortex Impact rangefinder online. Looks amazing for the price if you can live without the lighted display. It will has the same lifetime warranty

12-Mar-18
Pat-I haven't actually held a vortex rangefinder. I have a pair of Viper HD's I love. What in particular didn't you like about their rangefinders?

12-Mar-18
I was checking out the SIG Kilo 850 on Amazon. Seems like a pretty reliable one, good write ups and a decent price. Probably going to get that one but display in low light doesn't sound like it's the greatest.One guy said in low light he just points it towards the sky after a reading in low light, then you can see it fine.

12-Mar-18
That's what I did with my old Nikon. It wasn't horrible but wasn't great. It's mostly for pre ranging distances when you set up in the early morning. By the time it was shooting light I didn't really have any issues.

12-Mar-18
Sig Kilo 1250 is fast...I like it a lot...Cabelas often has sales.

12-Mar-18
I have a Nikon that was not expensive and has held up well for a long time.

15-Mar-18
The SIG 850 came today, didn't get a chance to look into it too much. Hopefully it's easy to set up , it will be the first one I have ever used.

17-Mar-18
I have the Leopold 1000i TBR with DNA. Luminated and angle calculations. Love it. I think it's been replaced by the 1200. Cabela's runs crazy sales on these every 4-6 months. Well worth it. I did my due diligence at the time and this was the best by far.

18-Mar-18
I'm a big fan of Leupold products. The lifetime warranty doesn't apply to its electronic products, but is good for 2 years from purchase. No issues with my rangefinder hunting deer in CT and upstate NY and elk in Utah. No matter what you buy, pay extra for illumination as you'll likely be using it in low light (e.g., dawn/dusk). Totally worth it.

15-Apr-18
My feet are my rangefinder :-) I already have too many gadgets (Deer call, GPS, Binoculars, Bow, arrows, tree stand etc.)... So, I pace out my shooting lanes and mark 10 yard with those little flags on a wire stick. I also put a reflector on a tree that indicated my shooting limit. Typically 35 yards (40 yds. max). The less you are fiddling with while in your stand the better!

15-Apr-18
stjohnh4, that's some old school stuff right there ;), but still gets the job done. My plan is to range a few things around my stand and go from there. I am SUPER old school with my pendulum sight.I just have to mentally mark 35 yards around me , everything inside that I can go on auto pilot. Point and shoot :)

• Sitka Gear