sitO 03-Apr-18
Leebo1963 04-Apr-18
hogthief 04-Apr-18
Lord o' horns 04-Apr-18
hogthief 04-Apr-18
Lord o' horns 04-Apr-18
11-Mar-18

Kansasclipper's Link
Group name is "Kansas Bowsite" Password is "Booner" You will have to go to ESPN Tournament Challenge and create a log in then join the group. Get you brackets filled out before the round of 64. Many of you did this last year so you will just have to sign in and re-join our group. Good Luck!

12-Mar-18
Best week in sports!

12-Mar-18
Yep! Get the brackets filled out before the round of 64 begins.

12-Mar-18
The Cowboys got the shaft...you cannot justify that in any way. I hate to agree with Dicky V but...

12-Mar-18
Crap, I have to agree with Kyle and Dicky. Cowpokes so got shafted.

13-Mar-18
And OU gifted.

13-Mar-18
Half of my inlaws graduated from Okie State; they are boycotting the tourney....at least until OU gets beat, which shouldn’t take too long.

13-Mar-18
do you have to have a facebook account to do this?

13-Mar-18
No

13-Mar-18
ok. sounds fun.

13-Mar-18
Out of 27 ESPN analysts, only one picked KU as a final four team...none picked KSU ;?)

Choose wisely

13-Mar-18
I like years like this; last year when everyone was picking KU, some even saying the title was KU’s to lose before the elite 8, I get nervous for them. This year they’re saying KU has the greatest chance of losing to a 16 seed than any 1 seed in a number of years. I like the team playing with a chip on their shoulder, WSU style.

13-Mar-18
If they lose to the Quakers...they'll never be invited back again

14-Mar-18
Hey, I have lot of Quaker in my ancestory. Obviously I’ve strayed a bit.

14-Mar-18
From Quaker to hunting quackers...all is good

14-Mar-18
Consider that stolen! Could be an interesting game. KU shouldn’t be a 1 seed and Penn should not be a 16. More like 3 and 10 or 12.

14-Mar-18
KU should definitely be a 1 seed. They won their conference, they won their conference tourney, and played one of the best schedules in the nation. 2 wins over WV, a win over TT, a win over Kentucky. They earned a 1 seed. OU earned nothing but a trip to the NIT.

14-Mar-18

crestedbutte's embedded Photo
crestedbutte's embedded Photo
KSclipper...think you missed a letter in your post above. Going to the NIT couldn’t of happened to a better bunch! Boomer Sooner!

14-Mar-18

sitO's Link
Penn has best chance ever of pulling off the 16-1?

14-Mar-18
No OU. They don't deserve to be in the tournament. Their play was worthy of an NIT bid, not in the NCAA tourney.

14-Mar-18
Trey Young got the bid....the rest of my Sooners are just tagging along. The Cowpokes are really OK with this...they are used to being second fiddle to OU.

I think KU being a #1 seed is suspect when they had 3 losses in the last month of the season to teams that aren’t good enough to get into the tourney or even the play-in games......2 losses to OSU, 1 loss to Baylor.

14-Mar-18
Hey, Sito, when was the last time your college was a #1 seed? And that’s not # 1 learning how to plant seeds.

And which one is it- The Big 12 was the toughest conference or was it over-rated and weak?

And didn’t KU have three wins over WV and three wins over KSU?

Well, at least one is an accomplishment.

14-Mar-18
Penn State won tonight so...

15-Mar-18
Looking like we might make history

15-Mar-18
I tried to join in but botched getting my bracket loaded in the group. Good thing though as my percentage is already poor:( lol!

15-Mar-18
Yea, Grainfield didn't make the tourney anyway MP

Loyola just started the "Madness"

Whoever picked "Bill Self's Toupee" as their entry name won the internet hands down

15-Mar-18
That wasn't you? Got a feeling that Texas Tech is going down.

16-Mar-18
Bill Self's Toupee picked Mizzou to win the whole thing. That's even funnier! I would sacrifice my free bracket to see that, but I'm not holding my breath.

16-Mar-18
Who the heck is John Elmore and why haven't we heard much about him?? I'd heard about Rob Gray (he was amazing yesterday), but not this guy.

16-Mar-18
Best team in Kansas is done...

16-Mar-18
No kidding. Didn’t know he existed...until this game started.

16-Mar-18
Wichita State screwing up brackets nationwide

16-Mar-18
WSU needs to stick with being a lower seed, can’t handle the pressure.

Now, let’s go Cats! Gonna be tough w/o Wade. It will be interesting to see how Marcus Foster plays.

16-Mar-18
I'd say it was a pretty decent game, I mean we didn't have to come back from a double-digit deficit to a 16 seed...in fact we never trailed ;?)

Guess we'll see how the "stars" do tomorrow against an 8 seed, you saw how we did. Rest easy tonight knowing you'll have time to finish your knitting and crossword puzzles while the rest of us watch the next rounds.

P.S. When you fellas saw the Mich State score at half were you switchin over to see your old friends from Bucknell lol

16-Mar-18
UVA making history

16-Mar-18
Unbelievable

16-Mar-18
K State just got the easiest road to the sweet 16 ever.

16-Mar-18
You call having to play that team "easy"...you really are from KU aren't you

16-Mar-18
Wow, I didn’t even think about that yet.

17-Mar-18
Sunday, KState will have more fans pulling against them than any time in history.

17-Mar-18
True, everyone likes an "underdog", and those kids couldn't miss last night, unbelievable game

17-Mar-18
Cats are danged if they do, danged... The Retrievers kicked it up several notches when most falter. Meanwhile, all the fans at Duke, Kansas, Kentucky, Carolina, Nova are rejoicing because they won’t be the first to lose to a 16-seed. Going to be fun, every underdog left just got a big jolt of confidence last night.

17-Mar-18
"Chesapeake Bay Retrievers"... 'nough said

17-Mar-18
But they ran like English Pointers, but we’re as disciplined as Lab. But the chihuahua point guard was impressive.

17-Mar-18
That's why you are THE "Writer"...good stuff

17-Mar-18
In the lead at the end of round one :)

17-Mar-18
I had Virginia winning it all until a couple of days before the tourney. Once they lost 1/4 of their scoring and their best defender they were destined for an early exit.

17-Mar-18
UConn women 94 points in the first half. Geno is the greatest coach ever in history of any sport. He is ahead of Wooden in my book.

18-Mar-18
I need to switch to my 440pt bracket

Uncharted waters with this 16 in the 2nd rnd..you can feel their confidence..if they werent playing a big12 team..id be cheering them on...as it is...not so much..COME ON CATS!

18-Mar-18
3 big twelve teams in sweet 16!! Come on WVU!

18-Mar-18
That may have been the worst coached game in NCAA history. Bruce Weber did all he could to blow that one.

18-Mar-18
Agreed, one of the worst games I can remember watching. We should be in the NutraSweet 16

18-Mar-18
That was hard to watch. At one point I looked at the wife and said “Hasn’t it been 33-34 for 15 minutes”.

18-Mar-18
Soon to be 4 big twelve teams will continue to dance. Although, I’ve seen WVU choke away some wins before.

19-Mar-18
Part of me wants to say that KState should be embarrassed for getting to the sweet 16, but survive and advance is the name of the game.

19-Mar-18
Take the win and move on up the ladder. About every team that wins it all gets a break or two. When KU won it all Davidson was the Cinderella. They missed a long shot at the buzzer that’d given them the game and a trip to the Final Four. VCU tripped up a Kansas team that had been on a roll to that game.

FOUR Big 12 teams in the Sweet 16 says a lot.

19-Mar-18
Poor virginia...... first it was chaminade....now umbc .....

20-Mar-18

writer's embedded Photo
writer's embedded Photo
Kind of interesting, but means nothing now.

21-Mar-18
Interesting that they have the 3rd best record? Or that KSU has the worst?

21-Mar-18
2-0 outside the Big 12.

21-Mar-18
They will likely have a tougher route to the title game than Bruce! Dean/Barry heroics tomorrow and we might be favored in the Elite 8 game to reach the Final 4! :O

21-Mar-18
I don't know how Wade will play, those stress fractures are painful and slow to heal.

21-Mar-18
"I don't know how Wade will play, those stress fractures are painful and slow to heal."

Yeah, but K-State has some of the world's finest veterinarians. I'm sure they can concoct some sort of elixir to ease the pain.

21-Mar-18
He said he feels good. I think they match up pretty well if Bruce puts guys on the right people.

21-Mar-18
First time I've been a Clemson fan.... Let's go Tigers!

Also, due to ongoing FBI investigations into improperly received raccoon pelts, "Bill Self's Toupee" will not be available for comment.

21-Mar-18
That's because he wants to play. I had a stress fracture in my playing days and it's a long recovery.

22-Mar-18
"Said Kentucky forward Kevin Knox about the possibility of Wade playing: "Hopefully he plays so they don't have an excuse.""

They're asking for it

22-Mar-18
They will have to play extremely well because they are down 10 before the tip off with Bruce at the helm.

22-Mar-18
Oh come on....coach cal is a clown too...

22-Mar-18
Yea but Cal knows how to legally buy players (or how to do it illegally and not get caught). Bruce is a terrible coach and is worse as a business man.

22-Mar-18

sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
Winning!

22-Mar-18
It is obvious the CBS half time crew is pulling for Kentucky to win. Basically said that Loyola is hoping they play Kentucky as it would be a bigger “pelt” (statement win) for them than if they beat the lil’ ole EMAW-MAW’s. Good Luck Cats!

22-Mar-18
Finish them!!!

23-Mar-18
EMAW

23-Mar-18
Emaw?

23-Mar-18
Guess SITO wins. I was biting my tongue all along with the WAWAHH thread and still a Jayhawk fan all the way, but that KSU win was well deserved and I’ve always had respect for what Bruce Webber has done. He gets a bad wrap and to do what he does year in and year out, recruiting into K-State, for basketball is incredible! I’m a fan of the state and choose to get more involved in things I can control, but what a tourney for the state of Kansas.

23-Mar-18
Guess SITO wins. I was biting my tongue all along with the WAWAHH thread and still a Jayhawk fan all the way, but that KSU win was well deserved and I’ve always had respect for what Bruce Webber has done. He gets a bad wrap and to do what he does year in and year out, recruiting into K-State, for basketball is incredible! I’m a fan of the state and choose to get more involved in things I can control, but what a tourney for the state of Kansas.

23-Mar-18
So much for Weber can’t coach (which I’ve been known to say) and so much for the Big 12 being weak. Congrats to purple fans

23-Mar-18
2 things 1. That officiating was horrible. Had to be PAC-12 officials 2. A Calipari team that cant make free throws, where have I seen that before?

23-Mar-18

z hunter's Link
EMAW

23-Mar-18
Great first day of sweet 16 action!!!!

23-Mar-18
Weber is still a bad coach, as far as college basketball goes. Writer if Bill Self retires at the end of the season, would Weber be in your top 25 for a replacement? Kentucky is not very good and was seeded on their reputation. That was a poor game dominated by the officials. Kstate does play good defense, and they are better on the defensive end without Wade in the game. Cudo's to Weber for sitting him in the second half. He did out coach Cal last night. Kstate should be really good next year. Their path to the Elite 8 was paved with yellow bricks! But it is survive and advance, and that is all that matters. Michigan was the only team that impressed me last night.

23-Mar-18
Everyone's brackets still in good shape? My bracket is good, someone just moved the names around. That old saying, "It ain't over till the fat lady sings".!

23-Mar-18
Oh heck no. But I’d take Marshall.

23-Mar-18
Loyola has 2 local boys. Nice to see them have success.

23-Mar-18
"First time I've been a Clemson fan.... Let's go Tigers!"

Funny how KU will pull for KSU and WSU but your inferiority complexes won't allow you to support another Kansas team. I also find it humorous how some of those who are quick to talk the most trash don't even have degrees from the schools they constantly tout. KU has their share of embarrassing t-shirt fans--no denying that.

I have a degree from KU and am glad KSU won. It's great for the conference and great for the state. On a national level, Kansas, as a state, doesn't get much respect. Well, that is unless you count the "original" Wizard of Oz comments. However, it's pretty respectable that all 3 Kansas D1 programs made it into the Big Dance.

23-Mar-18
So a college education is required to be a sports fan and support a team? Guess it's Pittsburg State University for me. Our football team is the best in the state.

23-Mar-18
I never said that. The guys who talk the most trash and are complete idiots about it often didn't even go to the school they are boasting. Texas and OU are notorious for these fans.

I went to undergrad at another Big XII school and graduate school at KU. When the two teams play, I have to cheer for my alma mater. I have had my share of F-bombs thrown at me in sports bars when I lived in Wichita. Afterwards, I kindly asked the guy if he went to KU---I am batting 100% with them not going there. Once I clarify that I also have a degree from Kansas, they are quick to clam-up.

23-Mar-18
Well, we can deduct one thing from your post,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,you are proud of your degree and a lot people are idiots!

23-Mar-18
This idiot just booked a flight to the ATL

Was pre-Vet at KSU though that obviously didn't pan out...good thing they offered "Witticisim" ;?)

23-Mar-18
sitO do you go to sports bars?

23-Mar-18
Well, I went to Mizzou... As did my parents, my wife, my sister, my sister in law, my brother in law. I openly cheer for KSU and WSU but I will never, neeeeevvvveeeer cheer for kU. Sorry, not sorry.

One of my Mizzou fraternity brother's wife went to kU and now cheers for Mizzou over kU. I don't respect that at all either. I'd rather she stuck to her guns and cheered for her alma mater.

23-Mar-18
Jeff, is that a real question? I pretty much live in sports bars weeknights...not necessarily proud of that, but it's truth.

23-Mar-18
LTG don't be hanging out at any sports bars! At least you did not go to Texas or OU, or you would be a "notorious" idiot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

23-Mar-18
sitO, no not serious. But you might need to take your diploma with you in case you run into the "Cowboy" aka "The Graduate".

23-Mar-18
LOL...I think we'd get along just fine, less he was sportin spurs

23-Mar-18
LTG - feel the same about Mizzou. That’s what a lot of KState fans don’t realize. They’re not our biggest rivals, Mizzou always was until they left. Been that way for 160 years, back when our side fought to end slavery and yours fought to continue it. :-) Oh, major envy your school was smart enough to hire a good football coach. Glad you’re going Kyle. Despite past history, don’t knock the little old nun out of her wheelchair if you win and storm the court.

23-Mar-18
KState Fans storming the court, NO WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

23-Mar-18
Well that was ugly, and maybe costly if Udoka is hurt. Graham looked like he was point shaving.

24-Mar-18
Big 12 represented very well in elite 8!!

24-Mar-18

Leebo1963's embedded Photo
Leebo1963's embedded Photo
He was so happy they made it to the elite 8 and saved his job that he Craped himself right on the court!!

24-Mar-18
Well then, whoever is feeding him "crapes" for breakfast needs to stop!

24-Mar-18

sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
Just asked him, he prefers chicken & waffles

24-Mar-18
Nice.... :)

24-Mar-18

Kansasclipper's embedded Photo
Kansasclipper's embedded Photo

24-Mar-18

sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo

24-Mar-18
Nice shirt Kyle!! I am extremely jealous of your situation! Make sure you yell loud enough for me.

24-Mar-18
We were out played in every area, hope those kids keep their streak alive!

24-Mar-18
Sorry they looked like a different team today then against Kentucky. I mean did not seem to play the same style ball this game. Shawn

24-Mar-18
That's because they played a team with a totally different style. It has stifled every team they have played. Happy for the Kansas boys to have success like this. Especially when the 3 big schools in Kansas did not give them a look.

25-Mar-18

kscowboy's embedded Photo
kscowboy's embedded Photo
Sorry the Wildcats didn’t get it done. Heck of a run and they greatly exceeded expectations. Heck, I think even KU already exceeded expectations. Well, at least for those of us who are rational fans.

25-Mar-18
I see Jay Hawks in the final 4 but no Pussy Cats or Shockers!!! Heck of a game!!

25-Mar-18
There's only a few other teams that I dislike more than KU and you just beat #1...so thanks, and congrats on making the Final 4!

02-Apr-18
I knew Kansas was in trouble when I saw they were playing in a football stadium.

02-Apr-18
Now that's funny!

02-Apr-18
It was a good year. I actually think Michigan has more of a shot than KU did, while their d is somewhat close to that of KU statistically, they put a lot more hands in the face of shooters than KU it seems. Defense was KU’s biggest weakness this year. Just me saying this will prolly doom Michigan, I have that kind of prediction power. :)

03-Apr-18
I came in second. What did I win, a Baker Tree Stand? I guess that means third place would get 2 Bakers.

03-Apr-18
I beat Lee, again, and that's all I care about ;?)

04-Apr-18
At least I bet with my heart and stuck with my team until the end!! I see what kind of fan you are Kyle!! ?? It was a great tournament as usual. Now I'm ready for deer season.

04-Apr-18
turkeys, mushrooms and crappie first.

04-Apr-18

Lord o' horns's embedded Photo
Lord o' horns's embedded Photo
My Daughters and i went picking yesterday

04-Apr-18
where?

04-Apr-18
Picked in the Ozarks in North West arkansas... the place is always littered with them

• Sitka Gear