Matt Palmquist 13-Mar-18
Shawn 13-Mar-18
IdyllwildArcher 13-Mar-18
Genesis 13-Mar-18
sitO 13-Mar-18
Genesis 16-Mar-18
sitO 16-Mar-18
12-Mar-18
Is there any point to continuing to build points in Kansas as a NR? I have 2 points and won't be hunting Kansas this year, but I might next year. Looking at the 2017 draw stats, it looks like it's pretty easy to draw anywhere...

13-Mar-18
Ike, I'm not sure a lot of us residents know too much about that point system...makes no sense to me when they are "meeting the demand" for tags. I'd suggest calling the Pratt KDWP office for better advice than you will get here. Having a point or two may help guarantee that you'll draw the unit you apply for, and they may also expire if you let them lapse for a series of years(based on resident Elk draw)...but best to get the info from the experts.

13-Mar-18
Agreed, run it by the department to be sure. My understanding is it takes a 5 year lapse to lose points for residents and non. At $26.50 you’re not out much for the peace of mind, but you’re correct, one point will almost certainly get you any tag in the state. Two is a lock. They only sold 1890 points last year. Highly unlikely all those guys will put in for the same unit or two in the same year.

13-Mar-18
Agree with the others. 2 points should lock you in for any unit in the state.

13-Mar-18
You would have to find out if points carry over. In other words if you have 2 points and do not buy a point this year are your 2 points good for the 2019 drawing? I have a point and only bought it as insurance cause I could not hunt Kansas last year. Pretty sure I will draw where i want to hunt with a point. Shawn

13-Mar-18
Thanks guys

13-Mar-18
Your set with two

13-Mar-18
You're ;?)

16-Mar-18
Haha . Well,I'm so glad that the academic prowessessess of Kansas schools is spitting out quality folks that pronounse and enounse the kings english.

We dropped Anglish for football practice yares ago down souf.

We never misspell SCOREBOARD though. :)

16-Mar-18
You know me Steve, I actually prefer "yer"

Roll Tide pod

• Sitka Gear