BruceP 14-Mar-18
Tekoa 14-Mar-18
Ungie01201 14-Mar-18
Dthfrmabove 14-Mar-18
hickstick 14-Mar-18
mrw 14-Mar-18
TT-Pi 14-Mar-18
13-Mar-18
We have had some damage in my neck of N.Central Worcester Cty and western Worcester Cty. But nothing to wild or crazy (I say knocking wood, avoiding black cats, the underside of ladders, and carrying mirrors).

Driving to do a talk for work in Waltham last weekend, and then out in Hudson, I was amazed at the damage from basically 495 east. Made me think of the Halloween Blizzard about 6 years ago out my way.

Have you eastern or SE guys/gals seen a lot of damage to your hunting areas which may impact movement?

Trees down across runs funneling deer, etc?

Side note - look for shed's near the limbs. deer love eating the buds, so if a buck hasnt shed yet, once the snow melts looking near freshly fallen branches and tree tops is good!

13-Mar-18
Hey Will, I lost a huge red oak tree the brushed the base of my climber tree behind my house. It no blocks a run the was pretty well worn. Waiting to see the new path they take. Good luck with storm #3 of March. Let's Go

13-Mar-18

Dthfrmabove's embedded Photo
Never took a pic of any damage when I went out. It has been so bad down here for a week and a half it's like beating a dead horse if I take pics. Here is my worry in my yard. Only reason it hasn't been taken down yet is because with a NE wind it will blow down in the backyard. Me thinks it will be taken down this year though!!!

13-Mar-18
I check stands after the previous stand and had cut trees so the deer could continue to use their trails. Gotta go back again and recheck now

13-Mar-18
Good lord dthfrmabove the storm was so bad it blew you on your side!

13-Mar-18

Hahaha can't rotate from the iPhone!!!!

This pretty much sums it up for this march!!!!

13-Mar-18
I have 2 feet of snow and it keeps coming. I still have power for now, nock on my head. I am pretty tired of this stuff. I have to go use the snow blower now. My back hurts just thinking of it.

13-Mar-18
Wow, lots of challenges there DFA. Amazing how much snow we have gotten.

14-Mar-18
It is now 12:15 am and the wife is almost asleep on the couch. Kids are at the grandparents house and I am back from New Bedford. Went to the greasy luck and had a couple Bourbons. Now I am out getting wood at the shed and wherever else I can to keep warm. Exhausted the wood supply already thinking spring was here. Lol. Got a long night ahead of me. Marion only has 26% power as we speak wife and kids are good though, so that is all that matters. I hate winter now and can give up the whitetail hunting to be somewhere warm and cozy. Lol

14-Mar-18
Every year I say I will be more prepared and will get everything set up at the house. Well this year takes the cake. I am old and wise enough to get my shit together to actually dish out the money for what I need to keep My family warm !!!! I guess that means less fishing and hunting equipment though. Lol

14-Mar-18
As I sit outside on my deck with the storm passed by. It is a rather peaceful and enjoyable feeling. It is so quiet and dark out, so quiet and dark you can hear the woods. Every branch break and the wind whistle through the branches. That is why I love hunting and fishing. The peaceful feeling and serenity that the woods gives back to me after a stressful day makes it all worthwhile.

Or maybe it's the bourbon. Lol

Rant over!!! Hope wvweyone is safe and warm

Hang in there FK. It will all be over soon. Take a minute and enjoy the peaceful time outside and look past the stress and work. Every day we wake up is a day blessed with fortune and opportunity to enjoy the things we love. Wow I just had another moment!!! Lol

14-Mar-18
It is now 1:20 and the fire is stoked and I am going to bed. Left every light on so when the power gets back on it will be lit up like Las Vegas. If you can see through the rants/ pissing and moaning I actually enjoy every minute of it. I am a hunter/ gatherer and I accept that. For that is what I do, that is what we all do. stay safe everyone !!!

My wife is snoring like a truck driver on the couch next to me Ha hahahahha

14-Mar-18
Hey DFA,..

I heat with wood too,.. what I have done the last few years is when I buy my 5 cords I hire local young kids to stack it. They love the money, and I love not having to do it! It usually ends up getting stacked for like 100 to 120 bucks,.. Well worth it at my age.

14-Mar-18
We only got a couple of inches this storm. Just missed us to the East... getting only a couple more today. The 2 previous storms kicked the S@#$ out of us though!

14-Mar-18
We enjoyed a good 20-24" I'm going to say. "enjoyed" being a sort of sarcastic term.

In January, I'd be cool with this... March... C'mon man.

On a positive though, the two mega white pines right next to the house have survived again - they are 4-6 feet wide! If I suddenly am not posting any more, just assume one crushed the house and killed me!

DFA, Every winter I ponder the finer points of VA or NC... Deer, good fishing... But more venomous snakes and spiders and stuff.

14-Mar-18
My brother in law had a gigantic blue spruce smash his brand new house in Dedham yesterday. Luckily only the top 25% percent of the tree hit the house, blew out a few windows, pushed in the living room wall a few inches. If the tree had been closer to the house and landed with the full weight of the middle section it would have been real bad. Thankfully he, his wife, and 1 month old daughter were fine. Hopefully you all are okay and getting everything squared away.

14-Mar-18
DFA, how many bourbons did you have brother? LOL

All kidding aside, I understand what you mean about enjoying it. When you get past the work of it there isn't much that's more peaceful than a late night with a fresh blanket of snow. And being able to take care of your family during these times in some ways is a gift. Can tell that's important to you. Good man!

14-Mar-18
Snow stopped at 3pm. Strapped on the snowshoes and did some hiking. With the last storm close to 2ft in the woods. Lucky here, no damage. Just beautiful powder. Tekoa

14-Mar-18
snowing harder here now than it did all day yesterday... like a white out.. only expecting 4" or so though..

14-Mar-18
Bruce. I had a few. I will leave it at that. Lol

14-Mar-18

hickstick's embedded Photo
hickstick's embedded Photo
we had some limbs out of a huge white pine across the street the previous storm that I had to bust out the chainsaw for, but this one was lighter and fluffier snow in Shrewsbury. we got about 20". I decided after getting sweaty shoveling yeterday to do some damage of my own. lol....pulled the loader tire out of the snow and did some sledge swings (sagetal and transverse), incline push ups and sit ups on the tire in the snow. lol

14-Mar-18
You're a sick monkey Hick! I pushed the snow blower that sometimes drives and sometimes won't. Had a couple libations then enjoyed the view from the hot tub.

14-Mar-18
Reporting from Close to DFA.'s .. Pass the Bourbon .

We are just getting back on line and power came back this afternoon. I found the last generator in New England at a BJ's in Franklin, Sunday night . We got to the store with 2 minuets to spare. All told we survived ... Pass the Bourbon again please.

• Sitka Gear