Cheesehead Mike 14-Mar-18
Tweed 14-Mar-18
MF 14-Mar-18
bowyer45 08-Apr-18
ground hunter 08-Apr-18
Duke 09-Apr-18
Glunker 10-Apr-18
13-Mar-18
anyone know about this, and how you draw? the DNR had no information, but a ML guy told me, it was going to happen this year,,,,, It will be in October

13-Mar-18
They have had special hunts on some of the Islands for years.

13-Mar-18
that's what I thought, but someone told me, that there going to have a hunt, somewhere up there, where its been closed for awhile......

13-Mar-18

MF's Link
Maybe this will help

13-Mar-18
They used to have a ML hunt on Oak Island and I was planning to go the last year they had it but it fell through. It's been closed for several years.

13-Mar-18
thanks,,, I could hunt with my ml and bring my surf board,,,, ha ha.... I have 2 of those also,,,,,, going to buy a flintlock next month,,,,,,,

13-Mar-18
Found out they are still working on it, has bipartisan support, plus Park Service support, a return to a ML season in October,,,,,, it will be a draw.....

14-Mar-18
Maybe MI could get a wolf season for Madeline Island.

14-Mar-18
Friends of mine have a cabin/deer camp on Madeline Island. They do pretty good deer hunting there. From my understanding, it's been a camp for many, many years.

14-Mar-18

Cheesehead Mike's embedded Photo
With the full camper top
With the full camper top
Tweed, Madeline Island is in WI

I have the perfect cabin for an Apostle Islands deer hunt :^)

14-Mar-18

MF's embedded Photo
MF's embedded Photo

14-Mar-18
Cheesehead Mike...That's a BIG I WOULDNT. You would be crazy to use that for a cabin at that time of year.

14-Mar-18
DOPE! Sorry...I meant Royal Isle. My daughter has been reading a historical fiction story about Madeline Island...probably why its stuck in my head.

Nice rig you got there.

14-Mar-18
Tweed what's (which one) the fiction story

14-Mar-18
MF, do you have a better way to get out to Oak Island in October?

Why would it be crazy?

Years ago when we were planning to hunt out there we were going to use much smaller fishing boats, wind and weather permitting obviously and probably camp out on the island. My big boat can handle pretty big water and has been on Lake Superior several times. If I can sleep in a tent why can't I sleep in my boat?

14-Mar-18
MF its "Trouble at Fort La Pointe". Its geared towards elementary school kids but still a fun little story.

"Wisconsin 1732. Suzette Choudoir has spent each of her twelve summers at La Pointe Island on Lake Superior, where Ojibwe people camp by the French fur-trade fort. If her papa wins the trappers' competition, the prize will let him stay with his Ojibwe family year-round instead of wintering in far-off Montréal with the other French voyageurs. But a troublemaker sabotages the competition, and Papa. Only someone who's both Ojibwe and French can figure out what's going on--someone like Suzette."

14-Mar-18
It is recommended for safety, because of possible bad weather conditions during Oct. You would be better off to hire someone on the mainland (Bayfield) for a drop off and pick up. I can probably get you contact info for that.

08-Apr-18
I hunted what I thought was first Apostle island hunt in 65 0r 66? with my dad, we hunted Basswood. The local boats out of Bayfield would ferry you out for $15.00. The hunting was tough few deer bagged from any of the islands. It was fun for sure but the only deer I seen was a day before the opener. May be different now.

08-Apr-18
My dad shot a really nice heavy 6 on that hunt, just before he died,,,,, I have the rack on a maple leaf shaped plaque, very special to me

09-Apr-18
I wouldn’t see why you couldn’t sleep in that boat, Cheese. That’s what it was made for! Put her in a protected bay and get after it!!!

10-Apr-18
A quick read through the link to the hunt surprised me to find EAB in in active practice. I thought it was outlawed by statute?

• Sitka Gear