Murphy31 15-Mar-18
Tekoa 15-Mar-18
BC 15-Mar-18
GED 15-Mar-18
TT-Pi 15-Mar-18
captain 16-Mar-18
Dthfrmabove 16-Mar-18
14-Mar-18
Went to check my checking account online and found I was locked out called custermer service and stayed on the phone for over an hr on hold so I went to the back and found out I was hacked someone had gotten my bank account # somehow and printed a check and cashed it for 1900.00 dollars then they tried to transfer 3,000 dollars more spent the rest of the day at the bank getting new accounts set up hope I can get the money back in my account and don’t have to wait to long for it I mean w.t.f some people just suck

14-Mar-18
WTF !!!! Sorry to hear that capt. Hope you get it straightened out sooner than later

14-Mar-18
Hope it goes well. Ive had my Cabelas card hacked a bunch of times but never a bank account scary stuff.

14-Mar-18
Welcome to the new world order!!!..the same thing happened to me sort of..i got caught up in that yahoo hack a couple of years ago, lost and locked out of everything..bank accounts, insurance,credit cards..anything and everything..proving who i am was and is the most frustrating thing..good luck bud bad guys suck!!!!

14-Mar-18
That stinks Captain - frustrating! Hope you can get the $$ back. The time and effort to straighten things out is brutal from the sounds of it... Hope it settles.

14-Mar-18
Just like them wild years back when ... Gotta use protection .

Sorry to hear it Captain . I'm sure the bank is insured against this but ask how to make it more secure for the future. Let us know what you find out if it would be helpful for others to learn about. Who done it and how ...

15-Mar-18
One thing to do is use credit cards for purchases,.. NOT a debit card tied to a bank account!

If you have a debit card,.. throw it away so you will not use it!

15-Mar-18
That sucks... so many scumbags out there... sorry you had to deal with that.

15-Mar-18
I've had my account hacked before by someone in Austria. Don't really know how, but they spent something like 20 bucks to see if it would work. Then just kept buying things till my checking account stop letting them at negative 500. Went from like 2000 to minus 500 in an hour. I was only sent a text from my bank is this you spending the money? It wasn't very hard to get it all back, but I do remember they were trying to get me to pay the overdraft fees. I said no way in hell. It wasn't me overdrafting it. They ended waiving it after a few f yous.

15-Mar-18
I would be very surprised if your bank gives you a hassle. Seems like they understand that this is just a new cost of doing business for them. Tekoa

15-Mar-18
I agree, never use any payment method tied directly to your bank account. Same is true for auto pay. At least with a credit card you won't be held responsible for fraudulent charges. Also you get air miles. Just pay it off every month and DON'T carry any interest. Hope you get squared away capt.

15-Mar-18
Cabela’s VISA hacked 4 times

15-Mar-18
The debit card can be used as credit which gives a second line of defense against theft and is usually backed up by Visa or Master-card as well ( see symbol at bottom) . It is not as risky as it once was. Still it is best to have a reasonably smaller amount in the account it is accessing and the bulk of savings in another account.

16-Mar-18
Well I have it all straightened out the back caught it all in time and so did I by checking my bank account most everyday they even reversed the check and that's back all in another new account I even changed my savings to a new account So I will say TD Bank did there job

16-Mar-18
Glad to hear!!!

• Sitka Gear