starbux 30-Mar-18
Bama Boy 04-Apr-18
deerhunter72 06-Apr-18
Edge Hunter 06-Apr-18
Phil81 25-Apr-18
LBshooter 13-May-18
LBshooter 13-May-18
20-Mar-18
Anyone have any firsthand knowledge of lease per acre prices in Southern Illinois?

23-Mar-18
I don't have first hand knowledge but I'd guess for a decent spot $2,000 would be a good start.

24-Mar-18
Going to try and speak to a friend at church tomorrow. He has several hundred acres and he has started leasing out hunting rights. He should be able to give me a really good idea.

28-Mar-18
A friend of mine just spent $3000 to lease 108 acres in Fulton county, that's any help.

29-Mar-18
Edge Hunter, that’s around $28/acre. That’s right around what I’d been thinking. My farmer friend told me that $25-30/acre should be about right. He gets $20/acre from a group of guys from Georgia, but his farm is 500+ acres. He’s leased to these guys for several years and they’ve become good friends. Said he’d let them hunt for free if he had to just to keep them. They do a yearly lease and the hunters provide liability insurance.

30-Mar-18
The right 20 acres next to a “no hunting” area is worth a lot more than $30/acre. Location and quality over price per acre.

04-Apr-18
I have had a lease in Illinois pretty much for the last 10-12 years (4 different leases due to land being sold) have had the most recent lease for 4 years and we have never paid more than $20.00 an acre. I have leased direct from the owner and through leasing agencies. Been hunting in Southern Illinois for 18+ years, I have seen a major change in the quality of animals we are seeing to the point that we are thinking about giving up our lease this year. Doesn't help that we have had major dog issues on our current lease the last couple of years and the owner of the dogs don't seem to care.

06-Apr-18
Bama Boy, thanks for the input. I understand about the dogs. That’s near the top of my list for ruining a hunt.

06-Apr-18
Here puppy.....THUMP! or BOOM!!

25-Apr-18
New to site and not sure where to post. Just lost me lease and looking for a new one. Anyone have anything or know of lease opportunity near quad cities.

13-May-18
Disease has hurt the southern area and the quality of deer has changed. A friend who hunts in the brown cty has really seen a decline, and his buddies dad had guy walk away from thier lease. 1000 acres they hunted for years and dropped it after the last round of blue tongue, went to Ohio.

13-May-18
Disease has hurt the southern area and the quality of deer has changed. A friend who hunts in the brown cty has really seen a decline, and his buddies dad had guy walk away from thier lease. 1000 acres they hunted for years and dropped it after the last round of blue tongue, went to Ohio.

• Sitka Gear