Contributors to this thread:
brooktrout59 20-Mar-18
Will 20-Mar-18
Moons22 20-Mar-18
Moons22 20-Mar-18
Jimbo 20-Mar-18
Eastie778 20-Mar-18
20-Mar-18
Getting started and first deer threads got me thinking of what a great resource we have in Bowsite state and National .Local guys like Jimbo and Fran and national guys like Charlie Rehor, Paul the fort, Jaquomo, Bowriter make Bowsite a reference and how to on a par with Google and Wickipedia when it comes to Bowhunting and related topics. This in addition to the entertainment and interesting read factor.

I know it has helped me, how about you guys?

20-Mar-18
BT - I love it here. The local page for MA being my primary stop, then CT, then national and recently floating into the CF now and again. The MA page is awesome.

The "vibe" is great, everyone wants to help everyone and has so much joy when others are successful. It's fantastic! I think back to our "heavy" threads this past winter, and even those - when we have different opinions, things stay pretty cool and we all continue to have a blast discussing hunting.

This is an awesome group. And I stop in way to often as a result :)

you are absolutely correct, it's a great bunch to learn from and just enjoy!

20-Mar-18
Yeah this is a great site. Looking forward to meeting some of you guys at the sattle party. Lol

20-Mar-18
Saddle* good ole Plymouth state education.

20-Mar-18
The Bowsite is a terrific resource, and it's also a fun place to read what other bowhunters are doing. Our MA Forum is the best now in the entire time I've been on the Bowsite... and that goes back 20+ years.

20-Mar-18
BT, you don't even want to get me started singing the praises of bowsite! These guys honestly taught me how to hunt. What other resource gives you access to veteran hunters with 10 , 20, 30 plus years of experience ? Ask this incredible group any question, no matter how basic or simple, and within the hour you'll have multiple responses. I've seen countless posts, my own included, stating someone is new to bowhunting and needs advice, and these guys spring into action , a few offering to take them out and teach them how to scout an area, whatever they need. I always talk about this but that's exactly what Will did for me, taught me how to really track whitetail, and at the end, told me I was welcome to hunt there whenever I wanted. That's what I love about bowhunting, and this site in particular, the selflessness. I mean think about it, more guys in the woods equals the potential for less deer, and maybe one of these guys tags that dream buck you've been after? It doesn't stop them from sharing what they know, and in some cases prime spots, just to help someone new to this. I once asked about places to practice in a post and Charlie from Andover Sportsmens club invited me to come down, took me out and gave me a ton of pointers on shooting. He also helped me to become a member.

I've attended clinics on rattling, calling, scouting, anything I ever wanted to know about hunting, while on my couch, hot cup of coffee in hand, courtesy of bowsite. The kicker is these guys hunt the same woods I hunt, many of them tagging mature bucks year in and year out, in a state with less than a hundred thousand deer. Thanks again guys, and thank you for passing our great traditions on to the next generation.

• Sitka Gear