BIG BEAR 21-Mar-18
ground hunter 24-Mar-18
mirangutang 25-Mar-18
ground hunter 30-Mar-18
mirangutang 02-Apr-18
Ed-in-Michigan 07-Apr-18
gib 11-May-18
20-Mar-18
Hi Everyone, I will be moving to Ann Arbor this June for work and am looking into hunting opportunities in the state. I've lived in Virginia my whole life, so I'm looking forward to checking out a new part of the country. I'll hunt just about anything that tastes good (deer, turkey, waterfowl, etc), but love bow hunting whitetails the most. I am starting to read up on public land nearby and appreciate any input from yall. I also wouldn't mind traveling a little further from time to time for better opportunties, but would like to find somewhere closeby as well. Thanks in advance! -Daniel

20-Mar-18
I can only tell you about the UP,,,, hope your travels are well.....

21-Mar-18
Well if you're reading up on it you probably already know that you have the Pinckney and Waterloo Recreation areas out that way. I've never hunted them so I can't say how much company you'll have during archery season.... but they're worth a try until you can gain permission on some private land near there. The next step would be to drive a 2-3 hours north to find more public land. Good luck.... I'm leaning towards moving out by Pinckney when I retire. If you like fishing the Detroit River is great walleye fishing in the spring..... Lake St. Clair is world class for smallmouth and Lake Erie is good for walleye all summer long.

24-Mar-18
If you want to take a trip to the UP, let me know, can tell you about a lot of places to see and do,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

25-Mar-18
Awesome, I appreciate the info! Looks like the Waterloo and Pinckney areas are quite sizable and close, so I imagine I'll be able to make something happen with enough legwork and patience. Can't wait to explore these spots and would love to check out the fishing nearby when I get a chance. Groundhunter-I'm certainly interested in checking out the UP, but I have a feeling that trip may have to wait till I build up some vacation time. It seems like it'd be worth it to head up that way for a week or two at at time to really get the full experience.

30-Mar-18
just get a hold of me,,,, I can take you on a tour

02-Apr-18
Great, will do. Thanks!

07-Apr-18
I've haven't deer hunted around Pinckney or Waterloo. I have squirrel hunted with my dogs. Expect to see people recreating in other ways there. Hiking, bicycling, etc. I'm sure you can find some solitude off the trails somewhere. That area of the state produces some big bucks every year. If you want to bear hunt it's possible to draw a tag on your fist or second attempt if you're willing to sacrifice the better hunt choices. Good luck and welcome to Michigan.

11-May-18
hey dan sent you a p.m. gib

• Sitka Gear