Dthfrmabove 21-Mar-18
Will 21-Mar-18
Ungie01201 22-Mar-18
Ungie01201 22-Mar-18
Passthrough 22-Mar-18
xi 24-Mar-18
xi 24-Mar-18
21-Mar-18
Ok.. so we have the how we got into it thread and our first deer thread... I believe that we have had this before... probably over an over again, but let's see your best deer. Weather it be size or a special deer (they are all special) for whatever reason... Here are my best bucks with the bow. I did put one MZ kill at the end.

21-Mar-18

Ungie01201's embedded Photo

21-Mar-18
Ungie that velvet buck is awesome! All of them are. But which one is your favorite/best!?

21-Mar-18

21-Mar-18

Moons22's embedded Photo
Moons22's embedded Photo
Not a giant but my biggest

21-Mar-18
Moons, That's a great buck!!!! It's hard to pick a favorite...Each one was a great hunt... The velvet certainly was special bc it is so unique.. I really can't choose between any of them.... lol... I love them all. I have 4 of them shoulder mounted and 3 European mounted.

21-Mar-18
I saw this deer at day break crashing through the thicket chasing a doe. Saw a bunch of other deer this morning too. Nothing gave me a shot until this guy game trotting back, tongue hanging way out, and panting heavily. Like he just ran a marathon. Made a good shot on him and watched him drop. I was ecstatic. This happened around 1030 on that November morning. Nov 4th I believe.

Looking forward to seeing some of the giants you guys have killed.

21-Mar-18

bowandspear's embedded Photo
bowandspear's embedded Photo
I have not harvested alot but this 7 point from 2016 had excellent pastramis, and that's all that matters :P He was super special as I after only 15 minutes in stand at 3:15 he came crashing in to stake his claim on a doe with a younger buck second week of November. After fighting with younger buck almost right under me he ran him off and then he followed the buck bomb back to within 25 yds. By luck the doe was now in front of me and he was behind me. As she walked off I turned the estrus bleat can and he came out of the thick stuff and i made what I thought was a great shot. Pass through (but too steep an angle, I was at least 25 ft up). Gave him 45 minutes then searched for him that night until 12:30 when blood ended. I never slept a wink that night. Then driving to work next morning discouraged my landowner calls me to say my buck is lying in field around the corner from his property. Amen, pass the garlic and butter.

21-Mar-18
Wow! Ungie you have been blessed with some nice deer. Moons awesome deer! Love his brow tines and his beautiful dark coat!! I love all these beautiful deer so for me it's all of them!

21-Mar-18
Great bucks guys. Ungie, are they local deer or different states.

21-Mar-18
BC they velvet and big 6 are from CT. 2 from NY. Others from MA.

21-Mar-18

DeanMan's embedded Photo
DeanMan's embedded Photo
This deer is my favorite. Shot in MA..

21-Mar-18
Deadman... that thing has a gnarly rack! Love it!

21-Mar-18

brooktrout59's embedded Photo
KS Buck in Velvet
brooktrout59's embedded Photo
KS Buck in Velvet
Here is my best and biggest Buck shot last year with my No-Cam at 27 yards during Kansas Disabled season. Here I am with Fellow Bowsiters Charlie Rehorand Forest Bows.

21-Mar-18
Deanman awesome buck! Do you have him mounted? Would love to see the mount.

Brooktrout congrats on a great buck! I remember reading about your hunt on here last fall. Awesome!

21-Mar-18

Murphy31's embedded Photo
Still waiting on mine, but my best would be one of these two.

21-Mar-18

fisherick's embedded Photo
2003 was good to me. A 5x5 Colorado elk in September and a Mass 8 point in December. Both taken with a bow.

21-Mar-18
Moons I did but I did not have the funds at the time so I had it done very cheap and let's say I got what I paid for. Someday I will get a new cape for it and have it done right.

21-Mar-18

pondboy's embedded Photo
pondboy's embedded Photo
My first buck and also my biggest! Had him come in at around 330 to hit a scrape 20 yards in front of me, still can’t get over it! Can’t wait to get him back from the taxidermist

21-Mar-18
These threads are awesome! The best part, is that these big deer seem to have cool stories and often have pic's of other friends or family with you - speaks to the cultural awesomeness of hunting :)

Ill have to dig for mine... somewhere buried in my photo folders on this PC it exists, but I've not seen it in years! Might be easier to just snap a pic of the antlers today...

21-Mar-18

My all time favorite... for obvious reasons.

21-Mar-18
This used to be a painful subject for me. My best is hanging on someone else's wall.

15 point 154+ inches. A Stolen deer ( of course that is not how the guy says it) and I know who done it , who scored it and where it is but he just wouldn't give it back. It used to make me sick just thinking about it .

But I have the memory and maybe I'll recover it from his widow some day.

21-Mar-18

BoneHead's embedded Photo
BoneHead's embedded Photo
My biggest to date...

21-Mar-18
A lot of nice deer, but I like BowandSpear's the best - because I tasted it!!! Yummy pastrami Mike!

My favorite buck . . . that's tough. There's the buck that walked in on me while I was climbing down to go home for Thanksgiving dinner this past season. Then there's the 7 point that I found standing under me after I woke up having dozed off in my saddle a few years ago! But I think my all time favorite is a little fork horn yearling buck I spined then finished off. I remember every detail of that one, the shakes, him spinning around after I spined him, then calling my friend who was in many ways my mentor and he had just shot a deer as well. Of course, that one was also my first deer - how can you beat that?

21-Mar-18

Z7X's embedded Photo
Z7X's embedded Photo

21-Mar-18
I will post mine this November. Not sure I want to post a bunch of basket racks hah.

21-Mar-18

Dthfrmabove's embedded Photo
Dthfrmabove's embedded Photo
My biggest was a really nice deer but not the best of the two. At first light I heard a freight train coming down the hill at me. It was a doe being chased by two large mature bucks. She happened to settle right under my stand as the two bucks started circling each other ready for a fight. As I am watching this she started to get real nervous and I panicked. I looked at the two deer with full head gear and picked the one with the biggest body !!!

Straight in front of me at 15 yds was one deer and off to my right was the big one. I settled the pin and let the arrow go on the larger deer. At the impact the deer turned and ran off in 3 bounds and dropped over a ravine. As I looked out over the ravine the other buck and the doe were trying to figure out what happened and eventually walked off

After 20 minutes I got down from my tree and walked up to the buck in the ground. All I saw was a huge rack sticking up out of the leaves, but something wasn't right !!! As I looked closer the right hand side of the rack was deformed and only had 3 points while the left hand side had 6. I was crushed to say the least, as the other buck was more than 10 points. Don't know exactly how many, but I saw enough to know. This deer dressed out at 225 and was 6 1/2 years old according to the biologist who was at the field and game headquarters.

My favorite was a spike that I shot in the ground in an open field at 8 yds. Waited 30 minutes for him to get to me and wa probably the most nerve racking experience I have had in the woods to date. Lol. Sorry no pictures of that one.

21-Mar-18

Will's embedded Photo
Will's embedded Photo
Will's embedded Photo
Longest shot - 37yds, and may be my biggest too.
Will's embedded Photo
Longest shot - 37yds, and may be my biggest too.
Will's embedded Photo
We were about half way through my son's chemo here, and he was about to have his second brain surgery within a few days. I remember wondering if I'd ever have another pic of him with a deer...
Will's embedded Photo
We were about half way through my son's chemo here, and he was about to have his second brain surgery within a few days. I remember wondering if I'd ever have another pic of him with a deer...
I thought about this after my earlier post. I'd been thinking biggest, but the fact you note favorite or similar... Started to change my mind.

My wives first deer was awesome.

1.) Because it was her first. 2.) Because it was 400~yds from where I shot my first deer behind my parents house. 3.) Because I'd dropped her off, and she was hunting solo while I was a few miles away. 4.) Because I'd had a big bear walk right under me moments before getting down to go help her. 5.) because we had cool trail cam photo's of him weeks prior.

It was awesome all around! That might be my favorite. If not that one, it was a snowy day when my buddy was 150yds away during ML, 10 degrees, snow the day prior, and he shot a gorgeous 8pt. We'd hunted together a lot and known each other since we were little kids. We'd had lots of close calls, and this was a really awesome hunt. The amazing thing, at the time he still used buck for follow up shots, and he missed with shot 1 with a slug, and shot two, buck, ONE pellet hit the deer. ONLY ONE. but some how, that one pellet double lunged the buck.

22-Mar-18
Good stuff Will!!!! I love that family pic!!! Spike... nothin wrong w baskets... post em up!! Awesome deer everyone.

22-Mar-18

22-Mar-18

Passthrough's embedded Photo
My largest and most memorable.

24-Mar-18
God Bless you and your family Will, a true blessing !

24-Mar-18

xi's embedded Photo
xi's embedded Photo
My 2 best, I let her pick the tree for my stand. I still hear about it. 138 3/8" 186lbs dressed.

• Sitka Gear