Loner 05-Mar-20
Loner 05-Mar-20
mboudreau 05-Mar-20
KylieH1 24-Oct-22
Deerdawg 25-Oct-22
ARLOW 25-Oct-22
DanaC 25-Oct-22
21-Mar-18
Just got out of Hospital from tripple bypass, (over did it cutting down trees with chainsaw went bad), and I didnt get a timeframe as far as how long before drawing shooting again. Kind of depressed. Might try to qualify for crossbow permit I dont know. Anybody have this surgery done or have any thoughts to give? Thanks in advance.... Mike

21-Mar-18
Mike sorry to hear this, my prayers are sent for you and yours that you will have a speedy recovery. My dad had open heart surgery 25 years ago and I remember him swinging his golf clubs in the yard like 3 weeks later. Let your body have the proper time to heel and I believe you will be shooting your bow by June. These surgerys have come a long way.

21-Mar-18
Glad you got it fixed up and your still with us. That's the biggest hurdle. No advice from personal experience but a few family members had it done and felt so much better afterward. Take time to heal and ask a physical therapist when you can begin to rebuild the strength.

Prayers for your well being and healing friend.

21-Mar-18
Yikes - glad it was "caught" so you have a chance to be in a tree this fall - the alternative sucks. Post surgically, especially stuff like this which is so all encompassing and big, can be really depressing. It's not "weak" to share challenges with your family, friends, your medical team or even to seek out some help with a good psychologist. Ask your physician (cardiac surgeon or cardiologist) about that if you feel emotionally spent with everything, they should be able to direct you to someone they refer to often. That's a HARD thing to endure and recover from man!

Be your best advocate for cardiac rehab. Do it! Then be smart with fitness and lifestyle. It's not perfect, but it's likely that you will be able to hunt pretty normally.

While not the degree of procedure, I've seen several folks have issues which were alleviated by a cardiac shunt end up doing amazing things like Ironman triathlons (swim 2.4 miles, bike 112 and run 26.2) or Haute Route (a competitive "fun" ride, initially in france, over the mountain stages of the tour de france for non pro, but very serious cyclists) etc. Admittedly those folks were doing those things PRIOR to their heart issues becoming symptomatic, and again, they were shunted and did not have bypass... But you are not after being a competitive endurance athlete.

You want to shoot and enjoy hunting.

Once those bones heal, you can get the heart strong.

I'd be real surprised if you can not hunt. You may have restrictions on dragging given the cardiac challenge it creates, but beyond that, if things go well you likely could be out there. Heck, I remember in my 20's dragging a deer for a buddy who had bypass surgery (not sure single, double, tripple etc) maybe a month prior during gun season.

I forget where you are, but if you do need help dragging, I bet folks on here would help... that's a long way off though, and you may well be able to do it.

Work with your doc, your therapists, and good things are possible!

Glad you caught it! Glad you are still here!

21-Mar-18
Wow close call. Glad you are OK. I think you will shoot again probably sooner than you think. Your back does most of the work so that is strong!

21-Mar-18
MB- my father in law had first open heart surgery at age 62 second at 72 and is now 94 and still driving and living on his own! He played 18 holes of golf until age 85. You will be fine and pulling your bow back in no time. My father in law claims his secret to longevity is 2 martinis every night.

21-Mar-18
One of my elk hunting partners had a quad bypass several years ago. Now at 65 yo he's still going strong chasing elk at high altitudes, (9500' = lack of oxygen) backpacking out elk meat loads, etc. Have a tough time keeping up with him. Follow your doc orders.

21-Mar-18
Mike don't be depressed you are still with us, could have been worse !!!!! Take your time it's still winter and hopefully you will be fine come the summer. Remember once you go to the crossbow you can't go back !!!

21-Mar-18
Mike, My kid's karate teacher just had heart surgery and it took a few.months to recover, but he is back to teaching and working his full time job. Forgot the union, but it is labor intensive. He takes it easy, but has to work. Glad you are ok and you will be back at shooting your bow, getting deer, and dragging them out in just a few months. You'll be good to go for opening day of archery for deer. Just take it easy and do everything your doctor's tell you, except washing their cars. They try to be sneaky sometimes.

22-Mar-18
My hest bud just had a triple bypass at end if December and 51 yrs old. I already have to stop him from not over doing it and giving it proper recovery time so we can chase turkeys in a couple of weeks. He already was a crossbow switchover due to injury. Give it proper recovery time and you should be hunting this fall. Best of luck

22-Mar-18
Hope you have a quick recovery

22-Mar-18
Yikes!! I'm sorry man, but I'm glad to hear you're ok. Take your time, do what the doctors say. I bet you'll make the season opener, easy.

22-Mar-18
Glad you're still with us mboudreau! I hope your recovery is a speedy one.

22-Mar-18
Glad you are ok... just take it easy and go at your own pace. If you cannot for some reason, get the xbow permit just to get out this season.. that's what it's for...

23-Mar-18
Thank You all for words of encouragement and or personal experience, gives me a positive outlook and with any luck I will be back in a tree come October. In the meantime, PT, cardiac rehab, and putting ideas together for small food plot.. Have a great summer!

24-Mar-18
MB, go easy but please keep at it, never give up. Echoing words from previous post, your still here and have a chance to start new. Get well and just ask if you need anything.

24-Mar-18
godspeed mr. boudreau.

25-Mar-18
MB, if you need help with anything let me know . Deanman

05-Mar-20
Nowadays open heart surgeries also conducted by robots, many in most case people who uses CBD vape oil receive heart attack as oxygen capacity in lungs is reduced which doens't allow heart to receive as much oxygen it required.

05-Mar-20
Mboudreau, a brief anecdote: Some years ago I hunted Seboomook Wilderness Area with a guy for 5days. We were up there for tracking snow. Toward the end of the week I happened to notice the surgical scar on his chest. He had undergone open heart surgery and was having a great time. People heal and go on with their lives. All the best

05-Mar-20
Thank you Pi. Perhaps my reply will help someone out there.

05-Mar-20
Pi, I'm not up on computer lingo or traps by unsavory people i.e. Troll. Was there any danger to my computer or other by responding to the post? I know the mind of which we are unaware is aware of us.

05-Mar-20
Pi, Thank you so much. All of your info was unknown to me. The only reason I'm on the computer is what all you guys say is of interest. It's nice to talk the talk online as everyone else in my family is doing their own thing. The internet is literally a mine field for the unknowing.

05-Mar-20
Thanks Loner, and yes, that post was quite a while back...

24-Oct-22
A permit for a weapon (bow or crossbow) can be obtained without prior training as in the case of firearms. It is not necessary to take an assembly exam and have a license. But you only need to use it for its intended purpose. Someone said it's no harder than mail order weed uk to commit, I think you'll do fine

25-Oct-22
We will all face adversity as we grow older, you are fortunate that you were able to receive heart surgery with all of todays medical advances. Take full advantage of your 2nd chance. There will be limitations and medicine to take manage it, eat well, exercise and you will be able to do what you want in life. After healing up from heart surgery's many doctors encourage a physical regiment of exercise. You can do it. One day at a time! Good Luck with your journey! If in need of help reach out, good people will help you!

25-Oct-22
Mail order weed?

What is it with resurrecting this thread with dubious links inserted every 2 years?

25-Oct-22
spammers gonna spam

• Sitka Gear