Massachusetts
Contributors to this thread:
badjuju 24-Mar-18
Will 24-Mar-18
huntskifishcook 25-Mar-18
badjuju 25-Mar-18
hickstick 27-Mar-18
24-Mar-18
got an email from NH Wildlife and they are proposing some rule changes. Wanted to know your thoughts on the last line

Deer: New Hampshire’s 2017 deer seasons resulted in our 5th highest deer harvest and the highest antlered buck take in 95 years. The Wildlife Division’s 2018 deer rule proposals call for enhanced hunting opportunity in 11 of the 20 Wildlife Management Units (WMUs) in our state. These opportunities include additional either-sex hunting opportunities in 9 WMUs (C2, D2W, E, F, G1, G2, I1, I2, J1); the provision of 2,000 antlerless-only permits for use in WMU L (permits to be issued via a new online lottery); and allowance for the use of crossbows during the archery season in WMU M only.

I saw some crossbow comments on Wills post about the NPR article and thought I'd let you all chime in.

they are also proposing changes to Bear, Turkey, and Moose so if you are interested I can fwd those as well.

24-Mar-18
Interesting to hear the success up there was similar to here last year Badjuju. Is unit M the seacoast? Sounds like they want more opportunities to kill deer there...

25-Mar-18
Thanks for mentioning this badjuju. I don't have enough deer hunting experience in NH to have any opinion on that matter, but I'm very interested in reading about changes to bear regulations. Moose I'm assuming they will decrease tags again, the population is hurting up there. I'll shoot you a pm to get the bear info forwarded.

25-Mar-18
Hi Will, yes M is the seacoast and if I'm not mistaken the deer population is similar to Z10 in MA. I often see guys from northern NH hunting in Unit M w/ the extra doe tags they offer.

27-Mar-18
interesting...I've been blowing NH off for a few years cause the herd sucked....but this has me at least interested.

unfortunately my NH place is no where near the coastal region. lol. the west can be some tough hunting.

• Sitka Gear