Jebediah 27-Mar-18
Will 27-Mar-18
hickstick 27-Mar-18
26-Mar-18

hickstick's embedded Photo
Decided to get out before all the snow is gone for some post season scouting, turkey scouting and some exercise... went for a 4 mile run through the woods. 1) deer are freaking everywhere. Couldn't go 300 feet with out cutting tracks. 2) no worries about their health. Tons of feeding activity on the buds of all the blow downs and fallen branches. 3) impossible to pattern since the tracks were EVERYWHERE! Lol.

Did find a couple sets of turkey tracks, and saw a deer, a hawk, and a huge pileated woodpecker....znd also managed not to die from a heart attack from running thru the snow & mud with a 20 pound pack on. Lol

Things looking up for 2018 season. :)

26-Mar-18

Huge run by the field
Huge run by the field
Decided to get out before all the snow is gone for some post season scouting, turkey scouting and some exercise... went for a 4 mile run through the woods. 1) deer are freaking everywhere. Couldn't go 300 feet with out cutting tracks. 2) no worries about their health. Tons of feeding activity on the buds of all the blow downs and fallen branches. 3) impossible to pattern since the tracks were EVERYWHERE! Lol.

Did find a couple sets of turkey tracks, and saw a deer, a hawk, and a huge pileated woodpecker....znd also managed not to die from a heart attack from running thru the snow & mud with a 20 pound pack on. Lol

Things looking up for 2018 season. :)

26-Mar-18

26-Mar-18
If I ran that I would be carried out in a stretcher lol.

26-Mar-18
Yup. I can barely drive that far.

27-Mar-18
Hick that's looks like a awesome spot! Now that's what I call speed scouting! I'm out of breath just reading the thread....

27-Mar-18
This is brilliant, come to think of it. The deer know something’s up when you’re walking through the woods paying close attention to their...droppings. And they have a memory like an elephant. But if you’re having a jog, then they just think you’re a jogger.

27-Mar-18
That's awesome Hick! Great scouting method, and totally under cover. Great looking sign, and good to hear that the snow storms gave the deer some late winter gifts food wise.

27-Mar-18
I forgot the funniest part. the tracks were everywhere....except in front of my trail camera. lol....

and got on the trail of the old obstacle course training spot up there and found one of there walls...and so wanted to scale it....but decided to play it safe...

I figured the deer would have plenty of time to settle back into the habits between now and the season, Jeb. so I wasn't worried about spooking them. lol

• Sitka Gear