RutnStrut 29-Mar-18
grindersonly 31-Mar-18
Jeff in MN 02-Apr-18
ground hunter 03-Apr-18
Jeff in MN 04-Apr-18
Live2hunt 04-Apr-18
28-Mar-18

Jeff in MN's Link
If you haven't already, mark your calendar for the April 9 spring hearing. 7:00 PM, location for your county can be found at the link attached.

I didn't want to add this to the other huge thread. Let's focus this thread on getting to the hearing in your county. Or whatever county you are in on April 9.

Smokey, we need to car pool. Any others in the Hayward area want to car pool to Winter?

29-Mar-18
Also a lot of locations have changed, so make sure you check for the exact location, of the meeting,,,,, I will go, only to vote for the crossbows, to be limited,,,,,, It will be interesting to see, who really shows up for this,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

29-Mar-18
I will be going in Portage County. There is usually a big turn out of college students who influence the vote ....

29-Mar-18
I'll be going in St. Croix County

29-Mar-18
Marinette county for me.

29-Mar-18
I’ll be voting in Chippewa. Thanks for posting the link Jeff.

29-Mar-18
Waukesha Co. for me.

29-Mar-18
Do they require voter ID? I have some foreign friends who want to vote.

29-Mar-18
Good thing I checked Waukesha, new location. Thanks for the link.

29-Mar-18
This will be my first one since moving to Jefferson county. The list on the DNR page says Jefferson High School & everyone else I have talked to (including a member of the CC last week) say it is always at the Fair Grounds. Not sure who to believe with the fake news now days.

29-Mar-18
I will be going.

29-Mar-18
Pete,,,, have you not voted before? Yes they check ID, you need to be a valid resident of the county you are attending, to get a ballot...... In our county they have dnr personnel checking

29-Mar-18
Yeah, I've been there.

29-Mar-18
Budbow, I'll be in Chippewa as well. Good to see others will be attending.

29-Mar-18

Jeff in MN's Link
Note that the county residency requirement only applies to running for a board position or voting for people running for board positions. You do NOT need to be a county resident to vote on the questions. The following is at the link I included.

• If you are a resident of the county, you have the ability to elect delegates to represent your county. You will be provided four colored ballots to be used for electing representatives. The individuals who want to be elected will introduce themselves at the hearing. You will be asked to record your vote at the appropriate time. Note: As a resident you can also be elected to the Conservation Congress, but if this is your first Spring Hearing, we recommend that you first learn more about the organization and what is required to be a delegate before you are nominated.

• If you are not a resident of the county, you will not be able to elect delegates nor will you receive the delegate election ballots.

• Regardless of your residency, each attendee will be allowed to vote on the questions so you should receive a questionnaire booklet, a pencil and two large ballots to record your votes on the advisory questions and on any locally introduced resolutions.

29-Mar-18
From: ground hunter 29-Mar-18 "Pete,,,, have you not voted before? Yes they check ID, you need to be a valid resident of the county you are attending, to get a ballot...... In our county they have dnr personnel checking."

You only have to show proof of residence for that particular county to vote for "congress delegates," which are separate ballots. Regardless of residency, you will get a ballot for the hearing questions, and are eligible to vote on them.

29-Mar-18
Jeff, sorry, we must have been typing at the same time.

29-Mar-18
I will be at the Waukesha County meeting. See you there Mr. Griebl.

29-Mar-18
It won't really matter what the vote is. The WI DNR will never do anything to lose revenue, especially something that contributes to the quality of the hunt. Of course they will continue to lose revenue down the road as more hunters quit hunting WI as the mismanagement takes its toll.

29-Mar-18
Rut are you going to the pierce county hearing?

29-Mar-18
Rut you are wrong on this,,,, the DNR will take what the NRB gives them, so make sure you vote................

29-Mar-18
Jeff you are right I stand corrected, it is for your delegate votes for your county

29-Mar-18
"Rut are you going to the pierce county hearing?"

Chief, I am planning on going to the Chippewa county one. Although I am from Pierce and our land is there, I live in Bloomer now. I may be down at the land and seeing my Mom the weekend before the meetings. If I am I plan on staying through Monday and will attend the pierce county meeting.

31-Mar-18
I will be going In buffalo county...my dad in Trempealeau county

02-Apr-18
Anyone besides Smokey and I going to the sawyer county meeting in Winter? Would be cool to meet and sit together.

03-Apr-18
Looking at the questions, looks like they are starting to get the airbow approved in the future,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, does it ever end

04-Apr-18
Air guns will be another NO vote for lots of us. Sad how much driving the hunting equipment technology pushes changes to what we hunt with. Not just bows and guns but the smaller ticket items that are way less controversial too. I think you traditional bow shooters are on to something that could be the new trend. ;-)

04-Apr-18
Jeff, I don't know if it's a trend or not. But, I start shooting and have so much fun and desire to be perfect with it that I can't stop shooting. I have to make myself stop. Just walking through the woods with a judo point is a blast.

• Sitka Gear