Jeff in MN 31-Mar-18
blackwolf 31-Mar-18
Firsty 31-Mar-18
Jeff in MN 31-Mar-18
Strapped 31-Mar-18
Jeff in MN 31-Mar-18
Jeff in MN 03-Apr-18
30-Mar-18
Well, I am a procrastinator and sent my preference point applications in today. I figured there might be some of you out there that are like me. Yes I saw the earlier thread but ignored it too long.

New, you only have to pay $10 plus $3 per species now, so way less money up front if you are just doing a preference point. Might be the same for the draw and then billed later.

One thing that almost got me, I think age exception changed for hunter education and I was no longer old enough, even if it feels like I should be. They would not let me use my hunter ed instructor number. Fortunately I did take a MN state advanced hunter class a long time ago and the MN DNR had my name and completion number on file.

30-Mar-18
Sure is a lot nicer just paying $16.00 for Deer and ELK points vs. the old system.

30-Mar-18
The way I'm reading it if you didn't buy a license of some sort this year or last year in the state of CO you will also be charged 40$/species as well.

30-Mar-18
Actually they're not due until Tuesday...

Yes, you'll also be charged $40 per species after the draw if you did not have a license of some type last year. If you bought deer and elk points you will be charged another $80 after the draw. Today is your last chance to save $24 by buying a 2017 fishing license for $56. So instead of the $80, it will cost you $56. It would pay off better if you were also buying points for moose, sheep, goat and antelope, etc.

30-Mar-18
WHAT? I bought deer, antelope, and elk points. If they were going to charge me more why wouldn't they do it now instead after the draw? That is like bait and switch in my opinion. Maybe I should ask Visa to issue a different credit card number so they can't snatch money out of my credit card.

30-Mar-18
Jeff you should buy the $56 nr fishing license quick. It'll save you some money.

31-Mar-18
Cheesehead Mike, you are either pulling my leg or someone pulled yours. I did call a colorado rep and he said there is not such fee. Just the $10 and $3 for each species.

31-Mar-18
Jeff, Page 2 regulations , bottom of page $40 per point charged after draw unless you have purchased certain license for previous year. I bought the annual fishing license for $56 as Mike mentioned. Also thread on this in elk section.

31-Mar-18
Jeff you are wrong, Mikecheez is right

31-Mar-18
Yup, I found it in the regs and in the actual law behind the regs that dated back several years. I guess the fee was always there but just got deducted from our refund so most of us probably never noticed it. I wonder if this fishing license thing would have worked in the past too. Anyway, I got all my apps in and the one day fishing license purchased. That also involved a one day habitat stamp. Somehow I also ended up with another habitat stamp for the next 12 months, not sure if that got automatically shoved in there or if I somehow added it. Funny part is that this fee does not apply to sheep and goats. They had it in the regs to apply to them but retracted it.

Today is the last day to buy that fishing license tho.

31-Mar-18
If I bought a OTC elk tag in 2017, would that cover me for my license?

31-Mar-18
If you bought any license in 17 you should be good.

03-Apr-18
Last day to apply is really Today. Guessing since CO is Mountain time you have till 1:00 AM Central time here.

• Sitka Gear