Trapper 03-Apr-18
Trapper 03-Apr-18
Trapper 03-Apr-18
MF 03-Apr-18
Trapper 04-Apr-18
treegeek 04-Apr-18
Trapper 05-Apr-18
31-Mar-18
When a trail camera quits working has anyone had any luck fixing them? Ive never taken one apart. Wondering if there is usually a common cause for them to stop working.

31-Mar-18
Depends what the problem is, but most of the time I end up using them for decoys.

31-Mar-18
GojakesGo... does it do anything, explain. I have had some luck fixing my own.

31-Mar-18
FYI....I had a Browning that stopped taking pictures. Everything turned on fine and seemed to work normally, except it wouldn't take pics in the woods. Talked with Browning repair guy and he suggested a total formatting (not a "Quick Format") of the SD card on a PC. I did this and the camera has been working fine since. I now do this to all my SD cards, even if the camera is working as should.

31-Mar-18
One of the biggest fixes I have had to do is where you insert the SD card, I have had numerous times a piece of debris get caught in there, always that it was the SD card. Just blow in there and it usually comes out.

31-Mar-18
Buck - I also format my cards every time I change them. Go Jakes your camera may just need an update too.

31-Mar-18
Mine are all working. I wanted to ask after seeing broken camera's selling for decent prices online. I have also had certain camera's become picky with sd cards.

02-Apr-18

Trapper's embedded Photo
Blood on my tongue.
Trapper's embedded Photo
Blood on my tongue.
Trapper's embedded Photo
Sharp teeth.
Trapper's embedded Photo
Sharp teeth.
Trapper's embedded Photo
Is there blood on my face?
Trapper's embedded Photo
Is there blood on my face?
Trapper's embedded Photo
Somebody's coming.
Trapper's embedded Photo
Somebody's coming.
On some of the Coverts, there is a Master reset procedure that clears up the problem most of the time. Also sometimes it may as be as simple as a contaminated disk. DONT USE TOO LARGE OF A DISK! Here are a couple from this weekend.

02-Apr-18
Great pictures Trapper, thanks for sharing.

02-Apr-18
Awesome pictures Trapper. Nice to see you've got fishers. They've seemed to have vacated our area this year.

03-Apr-18
Those are great pics. Nice & crisp & clear. I only had 1 Covert out of 27 cams & somehow it fried. It took great pics while it worked. I find most of the time if there is an issue it is operator error or the SD card. I don't think I would buy a used cam as there is too many things that can be wrong with them.

03-Apr-18

Trapper's embedded Photo
Trapper's embedded Photo
Thanks guys. Here's a couple more.

03-Apr-18

Trapper's embedded Photo
Trapper's embedded Photo
Thanks guys. Here's a couple more.

03-Apr-18

Trapper's embedded Photo
Trapper's embedded Photo

03-Apr-18
Awesome pics

04-Apr-18
Thanks Mike.

04-Apr-18
Trapper did you have that camera pointed in the air at the carcass when you got that hawk pic?

05-Apr-18

Trapper's embedded Photo
Trapper's embedded Photo
Yes I did treegeek, I actually had 4 cameras set on this carcass to handle all incomers from all directions..

• Sitka Gear