Will 02-Apr-18
BC 02-Apr-18
Qdiver911 02-Apr-18
spike78 02-Apr-18
spike78 02-Apr-18
Will 02-Apr-18
02-Apr-18
No, not a fraud thing or anything :)!

I havent used my points in a while, so rather than diving into the "new choke tube" area, I opted to just burn some points and got my "beloved" heviShot using points. So... Sorta Free Ammo thanks to my card :). Yea!!!

That said, it's still stupid, to the point of nearly a miracle they are still in operation. The math is like 6.90 per shot... Good thing my gun likes em enough that by the time I'm 30 bucks in I should be done sighting in and any additional shots will be resulting in dinner :)

02-Apr-18
$6.90 Per shot ??? If your paying that I may just start a business and charge 6.75 ...

Say it isn't so.

02-Apr-18
Ouch. Based on suggestions here I have a winchester longbeard XR choke on the way for my remington . At least the longbeard XRs are under two bucks a shot. Even that is too much.

02-Apr-18
It's embarrassing Pi, but that tungsten and however HeviShot makes their shells flies so dang differently out of my gun that I will accept being taken to the cleaners - even if it's a placebo :)

And if you can charge me 6.75, I'm in :) But it's only about 1x year, so make sure you market well to others :)

02-Apr-18
Longbeard XR on sale at dicks plus a mail in rebate right now, Will your killing me.

02-Apr-18
Will just use pheasant loads to sight in then the Hevishot may last two or four years making it worth the money. I like Hevishot but the Longbeard is a good deal.

02-Apr-18
Guys, I can't get that stuff to fly from my gun. Well, in fairness.. I can't get a decent pattern that stays consistent with my trigger jerking gun shooting skills. Ha! The havi works well, and seems less impacted by my skills with a gun. That said I'm going to play with the loads I have to loosen up before getting busy with my confidence, and poor house, loads via the hevi.

All that said, how close do you find those loads fly compared to tungsten spike? I like your idea!

02-Apr-18
You should try hunting them with your bow. Lot of fun. Out here in the burbs shotgunning is very limited.

02-Apr-18
Geez. My Barret .50 SASR Is 4.75/ shot & I shit when the 1,000 rounds showed up!! 6.00+???

02-Apr-18
Will tungsten is too light. If your having trouble aiming try a red dot scope and your pattern will be dead on every time. In Hevishot size 6 and 7 1/2 are great as they equal a 4+5 in lead weight and you get more shot.

02-Apr-18
My bad tungsten is heavy and part of Hevishot. I was thinking of bismuth.

02-Apr-18
Spike, the sad reality... I use a red dot... like I said, my firearms skills are similar to the coyotes when it comes to road runner capture.

Correct, tungsten is quite heavy.

Q. Wholly cow, is that the 50 call Barrett sniper rifle? Always wanted to shoot one of those, has to be awesome... and yes, your bill was way worse than mine!

• Sitka Gear