VogieMN 09-May-18
Tonybear61 15-May-18
VogieMN 16-May-18
BrianC 22-May-18
mnbwhtr 22-May-18
Orange Feather 27-Jun-18
mnbwhtr 27-Jun-18
03-Apr-18
What's everyone seeing here in Minnesota? Are you seeing a lot of strutting? Think the turkeys will be hot come the start of turkey season?

03-Apr-18
Strutting and gobbling all over the place (metro and south towards Rochester).

05-Apr-18
Is the archery license statewide?

07-Apr-18
Yes I believe archery lisc. statewide, all seasons. But they will ask you about a zone.

16-Apr-18
I think I'll pass opening day. It looks like there will be 16 inches of snow in Mankato.

16-Apr-18
Undecided about opening day, looks like 3-5 possible. Will have to wait til tomorrow and see.

18-Apr-18
Well, I went, had hens come by really close but the gobblers I saw weren't aggressive at all or they didn't want to leave the road and come up in snow. reset my blind 15 yards from the driveway. Snowing pretty good now but hope to be out in the morning. Saw 6 hens and 4 Gobblers.

20-Apr-18
I should have been out in the blizzard. Landowner said 6 toms were about. Got close today, but spooked.....

09-May-18
Had no luck opening season, saw one hen, that was it. My dad saw 1 tom hung up with a couple of hens on the last day. At least I can go back and hunt more the last season May 23 - 31.

15-May-18
I saw the weather forecast for opening fishing decided to hunt instead. 5:30 AM Hens at 2-3 yards, a jake and here toms come out at 32-33, see the decoys and cautiously walk back into the woods. Re-emerge about 75-100 yds away and gobble at me for about 45 minutes. All quiet by 7 AM after the cut across the open field diagonally staying out of the range the whole time.

So since they are avoiding the decoys, what about placing those 50-75 yards out and putting myself in a position where they circle around? .. hmmmmm

16-May-18
I'm just happy that if you don't fill your tag during your season you can hunt the last season to try and fill it. Hopefully I'll have luck the 2nd time around.

22-May-18

BrianC's embedded Photo
BrianC's embedded Photo
Hunted Wadena County during season C. 1st morning out, May 3, I shot this jake at 12 yds with my recurve. He came in full strut w/ 2 other jakes. 1st turkey w/ traditional archery tackle!! My wife shot a jake w/ 2 beards the next morning. Short but fun turkey season!!

Brian

22-May-18

mnbwhtr's embedded Photo
mnbwhtr's embedded Photo
I decided today would be my last day turkey hunting as I'm leaving Sat for a bear hunt. Early morning was silent, no gobbling at all, 2 hens showed up at about 6:45 and then left, at 7:15 I saw 2 jakes coming over the hill. They were headed my direction when they spotted the live hens. I thought it was all over but thankfully the hens came back by my decoys. The first jake made the mistake of thinking he was going to kick my decoys butt when my arrow took him.

27-Jun-18
What has happened to the turkeys in southern MN. I drive a lot and normally would see two or three flocks a day. I haven't seen any turkeys at all for a couple of months.

27-Jun-18
In the 4 areas I hunt numbers are down. Where I was seeing up to 30 birds some mornings last year this year I would see maybe 6. hopefully next year will be better.

• Sitka Gear