leftee 25-Apr-18
SteveG 26-Apr-18
Brotsky 26-Apr-18
leftee 26-Apr-18
DR 29-Apr-18
leftee 29-Apr-18
leftee 06-May-18
06-Apr-18
3 degrees F the day before Opener?Went to my usual opening day area and the road was drifted shut.Two plus feet of snow in the ravines.More snow Sunday? Good luck to all,I've had it,I'm a wimp and will 'open' in Ks on monday.

06-Apr-18
I hear you! Half Pint and I will be out in the morning but we're probably not going to last long!

06-Apr-18
Good luck! Actually would stay here but zero turkeys yet on any ground I can hunt.

07-Apr-18
Good luck men! I'm sleeping in and wimping out with a few inches of the white stuff on the ground here in Hill City. I'd hunt deer, elk or antelope in about any weather but, I'm staying warm and toasty in bed tomorrow. -- Fair Weather Turkey Bowhunter

08-Apr-18
Birds in my area are scavenging for food with all the snow. I hunted with snowshoes yesterday. Jakes are out cruising but little activity otherwise. With this next storm predicted I will not be able to get so most of my spots till May anyway....

09-Apr-18
I'm definitely in the fair weather turkey hunter category too. I had plans for the NE opener but skipped and didn't go the archery opener in SD. Looks like Wednesday might be a nice night to try.

25-Apr-18

leftee's embedded Photo
leftee's embedded Photo
Well got my tags filled.Got 2 here(one Res tag)and one in Ks.Maybe this thread is dead but will post and see. Good hunting!

25-Apr-18

leftee's embedded Photo
leftee's embedded Photo

26-Apr-18
Very nice! No turkey hunting this spring for me. We have a busty schedule and paddlefish tags.

Very excited to chase those birds again.

26-Apr-18
Nice work Leftee! No birds for me but my daughter tagged hers last weekend. I've been too busy taking everyone else hunting to hunt for myself this year. Birds are really starting to get with it now!

26-Apr-18
Thanks guys.I've been hunting very hard and in many new spots to even find the birds but Brotsky so true,they are showing up now.Hadn't seen even a hen around my place and then yesterday,with all my tags filled, the Boss and I are working on a project of hers in our shed when I hear a gobble.Windy as heck but was pretty sure so pulled out my elk mouth diaphragm(I'm 'challenged' and still practice regularly and still trying to learn to 'growl')and let out some very poor 'yelps'.What happens has to be seen to believe but my wife filmed it on my phone so... we can't get it on here though.If anyone here wants it PM me with an e-address or text number and I'll send it to you.Couple great short vids. Bottom line,I call 3 nice Toms to within 10 feet of the now nearly closed shed door.Honest :-) Good hunting!

29-Apr-18
Awesome job Leftee! That's so cool you got them to come right to the shed in your yard.

29-Apr-18

leftee's embedded Photo
leftee's embedded Photo
DR thanks.Sure wish I could post the vid of those 3.But,the 'bobbsie boys' are still around and this time I have a photo instead.Too bad my tags are full,these appear to present a gene pool problem.That old house is vacant and there is very little traffic back there but really????Next to my target?

06-May-18

leftee's embedded Photo
leftee's embedded Photo
Got my last KS tag filled. Leaving in AM. 87 degrees is too hot for blind hunting. Great season and wish good hunting to all!

• Sitka Gear