MaBow 12-Apr-18
Moons22 12-Apr-18
Brooktrout59 12-Apr-18
bowandspear 19-Apr-18
xi 19-Apr-18
spike78 19-Apr-18
mrw 20-Apr-18
06-Apr-18
So where's every going this year? Any trips planned, or anyone crossing any boarders to hunt? Headed to Northern Kentucky in November, and might hit some state land near where we hunted in Ohio last year. That just depends on how much time we have left. Also gonna do a guided sea duck hunt later in the season. On the Cape. Getting sick of just watching hunting/fishing on youtube. Can't wait for this weather to turn, so the shad and stripers start their run. I'm getting antsy.

06-Apr-18
Murphy I highly recommend randy drago ( codfather guide service) for sea ducks. Out of Winthrop. Best in the business. My buddies go out with him every year. I know him pretty well.

Only our of state I'm doing is Nh. My buddy and I are in the beginning stages of planning a new foundland moose hunt for 2019. Anyone been there? Outfitter recommendations?

06-Apr-18
Newfoundland is a great spot. No experience with moose there but did kill a p&y bear. Would like to go back someday.

This season I may have a chance to do an OTC elk hunt in Colorado in Sept. Deer hunts will be here at home, PA, CT and maybe Maryland.

Good luck out there.

06-Apr-18
Moons thanks for the info. Still looking around, and talking to guides. I'll check him out.

09-Apr-18
I’m in Spain right now waiting to be picked up by the outfitter. Going on a Gredos Ibex hunt.

09-Apr-18
Now that’s what I’d call an extreme outta stater! Good luck.

09-Apr-18
MaBow, update us with pics and story as you go, that sounds awesome!

I'm heading to Wyoming this year again for speed goats and a mulie.

09-Apr-18
Ditto mrw - that Ibex hunt sounds awesome MaBow!

Some fun trips on tap for you all! Just CT and maybe NH for me...

09-Apr-18

MaBow's embedded Photo
Photos of Madrid yesterday. My wife is joining me on this trip.
MaBow's embedded Photo
Photos of Madrid yesterday. My wife is joining me on this trip.

09-Apr-18

MaBow's embedded Photo
A castle on the way to hunting camp
MaBow's embedded Photo
A castle on the way to hunting camp

09-Apr-18

MaBow's embedded Photo
MaBow's embedded Photo
The 2nd pic is from the largest city in the world surrounded by a wall made approximately 1000 years ago. The 3pic is from a church inside the walls of the town. I’ll be trying to bow hunt tomorrow but I’ve been having a lot of target panic issues so I may be using a rifle.

09-Apr-18
Good luck out there Mabow.

09-Apr-18
I am starting a new job at the end of month so only going to get my IL hunt in this year and some local Mass hunting. Good luck MaBow, look forward to hearing about your hunt!

10-Apr-18
Got a few trips coming up this year, Texas a few times for dove in September and then deer in December. New Brunswick for bear in May or June. Anticosti Island in October for deer. Mabow good luck!

10-Apr-18

MaBow's embedded Photo
MaBow's embedded Photo
Met with our game keepers to verify all our paperwork before we head up the mountain

10-Apr-18
Good luck !!!!

10-Apr-18
Mabow, if its true from what I've seen on TV, in Spain not only do you have a guide but also the gamekeeper comes with you as well correct?

11-Apr-18
Yes there are 2 gamekeepers they come with you and they decide what you can shoot

11-Apr-18

MaBow's embedded Photo
Weather conditions not what expected for April
MaBow's embedded Photo
Weather conditions not what expected for April

11-Apr-18
Looks like heading to family cabin in Pittsburgh NH for 5 days starting Nov 8 so I can take a friend who will be using rifle while I finally get to challenge myself with the longbow in that big woods. In laws have a great cabin there we have been going to for 29 years so I know area well but this is first chance I have had recently to hunt deer up there. And then do a little patridge hunting.

11-Apr-18
B&S, that's awesome country up there! We used to go up all the time and fish the CT lakes. Definitely tough hunting up there but there are some real giants. And the partridge hunting is great too. I'll have to call my dads buddy and get some info for you. He was telling me about all his old favorite partridge spots but I can't think of them now.

Mabow good luck over there!

11-Apr-18
Moons, better yet we should get together up there sometime. It's funny I have been in love with the North Woods and going up forever but cabin has not been available during hunting season the last few years. So... I may need to buy one. Trying to convince my Queen now.

MaBow we are pulling for you!! Good luck

12-Apr-18

MaBow's embedded Photo
MaBow's embedded Photo

12-Apr-18
Sorry for all the sideway photos. We spotted some small Ibex on the mountain. The game keeps strictly manage the population we can only shoot an old male Ibex with not much life left. Plus I have more of a management tag then a trophy tag.

12-Apr-18

MaBow's embedded Photo
I finally had an opportunity at a mature Ibex
MaBow's embedded Photo
I finally had an opportunity at a mature Ibex

12-Apr-18

MaBow's embedded Photo
He is a 13 yr old I used a rifle at 100yrds
MaBow's embedded Photo
He is a 13 yr old I used a rifle at 100yrds

12-Apr-18
This was my wife’s first time ever going hunting. She was a trooper climbing the mountains. She really enjoyed the experience.

12-Apr-18
Very cool!!! congrats on a fine trophy and better experience. Cross that one off the bucket list

12-Apr-18
MaBow and Mrs. MaBow... What a great experience! Stoked you connected on such a beautiful animal. Mmmmm Ibex pastrami.

12-Apr-18
Mabow that's incredible! What a beautiful animal and the experience must have been just as incredible. And to share it with your wife on top of that! Congratulations on the trophy of a life time.

12-Apr-18
Thanks guys I usually don’t post stories of my hunts so I’m not too good at it.

12-Apr-18
B&s, that would be awesome! My dads buddy got rid of his camp a few years back, but if you end up buying one, and need some company up there, you know to ask!

Mabow, congrats on a hell of a trophy!

12-Apr-18
Ma Bow- congrats- great adventure and with your wife too!! Does not get much better than that.

19-Apr-18
Well in-laws cabin in Pittsburgh NH will he closed up for season then so booked another cabin on same logging road from Nov 7-11th. Good times ahead :)

19-Apr-18
Congrats to you and the Mrs. Great trophy.

19-Apr-18
Brooktrout yes it does. Without your wife ha!! Had too.

20-Apr-18
MaBow, that is awesome?

• Sitka Gear