Ben 06-Apr-18
ksq232 07-Apr-18
Kansasclipper 07-Apr-18
ksq232 07-Apr-18
Kansasclipper 07-Apr-18
Redman 09-Apr-18
Catscratch 12-Apr-18
06-Apr-18
Any of you ever try wood ash on food plots for fertilization and pH amendment.

06-Apr-18
Use it in my garden.

06-Apr-18
Yup use it on my garden as well, I have a pellet stove and use that also. Seems to help! Shawn

06-Apr-18
Works excellent for tomatoes. I've dumped it on the garden where the tomatoes go and it works well.

07-Apr-18
Thanks for posting this fellas! I’d never even thought about it, but you guys me to do some research. We heat our home with wood and we have fruit trees I’m going to start fertilizing each spring with wood ash. Fixes ph too!

07-Apr-18
Cover Crops is the best fix.

07-Apr-18
We plant winter rye into our garden each fall, and work it in as green manure each spring. It has done wonders for our soil.

07-Apr-18
I have done rye but have the best results with a mix of hairy vetch and crimson clover. Wildlife love it better than any food plot you will ever plant.

09-Apr-18
So I am wanting to amend the pH on some of my food plots. Hoping this will work over a period of time. I have found that you are not supposed to add more than 25lbs per 1000 square feet over a period of one year.

12-Apr-18
I heat with wood and dump the ash on my foodplots. I think it's an ok supplement to what you are doing but won't take the place of good soil management and practices.

• Sitka Gear