Belchertown Bowman 11-Apr-18
Will 11-Apr-18
TT-Pi 12-Apr-18
MA_Bowhunter 13-Apr-18
xi 13-Apr-18
Fatkid1979 21-Apr-18
mboudreau 21-Apr-18
08-Apr-18
Just wanted to bring to light latest proposed anti gun agenda in news this am about " extreme risk" confiscation(H3081). Basically this new anti suicide law says that a family member deems you a risk they can call police or court and take your guns up to a year. In fine print at the bottom it lists family members as EX wives and EX girlfriends (sharing kids). Are you kidding me? So, my ex wife who thinks she should have won the truck in addition to the house and child support in divorce court 10 years ago can make a phone call and take my guns for a year with no proof whatsoever? Or how about an ex girlfriend being considered a family member.... How about if your a LEO and need your gun for traffic stops? Oh well, you should have give that B@#$% the truck too. Yes, you are entitled to a hearing at your expense when the court can squeeze you in.... What a joke this state is

08-Apr-18
Men are guilty right off the bat in this feminist paradise. But I might be a bit prejudiced. They can take your guns during a divorce if she tells the judge she's afraid. Doesn't matter if you never even yelled at her, let alone touched her inappropriately. Of course, she can beat the crap out of you and that's ok. Then Eastham PD "lost" my guns, how convenient.

08-Apr-18
Yup any woman you are with can walk right into a police Dept and get a restraining order against you and bang the cops are taking your guns.

09-Apr-18
Maryland is railroading this thru right now, except it's ANYONE who feels your a threat to yourself or others. Just sign a sworn statement against that person and they lose all firearms.

09-Apr-18
These are the sorta knee jerk reactionary laws that I said earlier that I feared coming,..

That is why I wish the NRA would not be so against reasonable changes to the laws,..

Instead they fight everything,.. and we are all going to pay hell for that. I bet we will say many years from now,.. ya maybe we should have given a little bit back then,.. and we would not be in the pickle we are headed into.

Oh well,.. watch the shit unfold,.. Maryland won't be the last to do that.

09-Apr-18
This shall become the most abused law by spouses, family, medical and LEO.

09-Apr-18
To even the field ...file a statement . Everyone is a threat to me.

09-Apr-18
Hell anyone with a grudge,.. once it gets abused enough it will get repealed. Unfortunate for those caught up in it though.

09-Apr-18
Sorry BB, once they see how effective it can be for disarming the populace it will never be repealed. Expanded maybe but not repealed.

09-Apr-18
Maryland's HB 1302 extreme risk bill, look it up.

09-Apr-18
a gun law getting repealed in MA? that will never happen under any circumstances.

09-Apr-18
BB, the point is that if the anti-gun groups get an inch, they'll want a mile next. There is no compromise, there is no looking for sensible solutions, they will not rest until all guns are illegal. That's what England was trying to do in the late 18th century when we were able to say NO with our firearms. There won't be anyway we can tell the government no once the guns are gone and we will be as helpless as the Syrian civilians are now. Or the Cubans. Or the North Koreans.

I know a peaceful society where no one needs protection sounds so nice. But in all of mankind's history can you name one such society that has survived? Mankind has not changed in the past 10,000 years, we will not change in the next 1,000. And anyone who thinks history will not repeat itself is a fool.

09-Apr-18
When they pry it from my cold dead fingers.

09-Apr-18
Just read an article today about how the murder rate in London is on par with, and actually surpassing, that of NY City. But how can that be since those bad guns are already gone? Weapon of choice, knife. Solution? Stop and search. Why? Because there is no reason why anyone would ever need to carry a knife. But all they really want are some common sense gun laws. Sorry, not buying it...

As much as I would actually like to agree with you BB, I just can't. I have to side with the "don't give them an inch" guys.

10-Apr-18
Saw the same article last week Bruce. Funny how that hasn't made national news on the tv right?

10-Apr-18
This is just plain obnoxious..

10-Apr-18
Agreed. Its sad but true. You cannot trust the government to make up "sensible" gun laws. It wont happen. Give an inch, they will absolutely take a mile. Its not about making the world safer... If they actually wanted to save lives gun control would be at the bottom of the list and none of these ridiculous laws would exist because they don't save lives.

10-Apr-18
Bruce I read that online today as well. Crazy about the murder rate in London, via knives.

My biggest issue with all of this, is that at the policy level, there is no cool headed "lets be rational adults" about an issue, approach to problem solving. "We the people" tend to default to crowd think and tribalism. Hence the value of things like the electoral college and constitution and multiple branches of government... checks and balances etc. In theory, those leaders who serve us should be capable of thinking slow and making well balanced decisions... Should being operative there... Not sure the last time that was the case.

I'm probably a bit of an idealist, but I do think basic firearm licensing checks are fine. Live a good life, and your good.

This stuff with taking your weapons when someone say's anything, regrettably, puts to much faith in people's honesty level today. Look, if you are convicted of a crime, I'm all in. Take em. I'm fine with that. Hopefully not offending anyone, but, I want healthy and well folks to be gun owners. If you fly off the handle and beat someone up in a bar... Yes, I dont trust your judgement - hand em over. If you are caught for a drug offence or DUI, yep, hand em over.

But if your co-worker who you just hopped over in line for a raise and promotion gets pissed and calls the PD with a bogus story about being afraid to "get back at you" leads to having to hand over weapons. That's next level bogus.

There's just not enough checks and balances locally to dissuade a bad person from being, well, a bad person.

10-Apr-18
It ain't about saving lives, period. Most, or at least many, of these same clowns who claim they just want to save lives also support abortion 100%. Sorry, can't have it both ways and still expect to be taken seriously.

10-Apr-18
Wait a minute, maybe this isn't so bad. Envisioning a situation where I could use this to "convince" moons to show me his hunting spots. Hmmm...

10-Apr-18
Hahaha Bruce, "he threatened me at the saddle party"!!!

It's not about saving lives at all. If saving lives was the goal, banning cigarettes, banning cars, banning anything you can fall off of, and banning ice cream would all be a top priority. Not guns that account for a fraction of a percent of the deaths in this country.

10-Apr-18
Easy targets, and immediate results. Cigarettes are a great example. They will kill you, just a matter of how long and does something else get you first. Easy to rationalize our way into different places with stuff like that.

I think it's totally about saving lives. It's just a "target" that's easy, and synonymous with killing things among other uses. So if you are uncomfortable with them (guns), don't know much about them, live in an urbanized culture where the only people who have them are bad/scary/dangerous vs good upstanding citizens (as is the case more often in rural areas,I mean shoot, I'd bet 80% of my friends houses growing up had at least a shotgun in them, it was 'normal' to see guns at friends houses, in car's at school, etc), it's going to change your world view on them. I know you can have bad guys any where, I'm referencing gang members etc who have illegally owned firearms etc. That could include bad groups like the KKK - I dont have any idea where those nut's have club houses so cant reference where they are at!

There have been a lot of things done to "protect us"...

Seat belts and road structure modifications coupled with speed limits were all things done to curb car fatalities.

Cigarette warnings, age limits etc were all done as an attempt to curb death rate of smoking.

Corporate environmental regs were instated to prevent damage to our world via pollution.

There's gray area in there... I don't know where. Other than, you shouldn't be able to accuse someone of something and have them disarmed (except for Moons, Bruce is onto something there :)... If it helps Bruce, we can brain storm some ideas!)

10-Apr-18
LOL pretty funny stuff here you guys,..

Thanks for the chuckle while a hectic work day runs through my brain, feel like I am going crazy here.

Wait is that going to get my guns taken ;) backspace backspace,.. quick!!!!

10-Apr-18
BB, if you combine feeling like you're going crazy with the mud pictures then you could be in trouble...

11-Apr-18
Perhaps I'm a conspiracy theorist, or just a student of history, but to me the gun control issue isn't about saving lives, it's about control. You have to be careful subjugating an armed populace, they might not oblige your efforts.

And if "common sense gun laws" were about saving lives you couldn't buy a car that can break the speed limit. Or car drivers would have to wear helmets like motorcycle riders - head injuries are common in fatal car wrecks.

With the gun violence we see lately it is almost completely due to mental health issues. We have been closing the looney bins for decades, medicating the inmates and setting them loose - hoping they keep taking their meds. Ask any LEO you know or ER nurse. The zombies are out there - waayyyyy out there!

Strictest gun laws have made Chicago and Dc the murder capitals of the US. We should make background checks the same across the country, and licenses good in all states. The lock up the boonies.

11-Apr-18

Belchertown Bowman's Link
Good point Bruce! :)

MRW,.. they are actually medicating many of us outside the loony bin,.. 1 in 6,. in the USA take psychiatric drugs,.. or 40 million people,.. One side effect of those drugs is violence and/or suicidal thoughts.

So in a weird way we are all living in the loony bin,.. it is all around us,.. our neighbors, coworkers,.. and friends.

All courtesy of your Big Pharma companies and the politicians in their pocket that they bought.

11-Apr-18
doctors and society are so quick to medicate... esp. children. I know some truly need it, but I think the reality is that this "everyone get's a trophy" mentality has pushed people away from taking accountability for themselves sometimes. If your kid is out of control, it very well could be more of a parenting / environmental issue.... but again, it's always someone else's fault, not the person. Again, this is just in some cases as I know many truly need it. The same goes for gun control... no accountability.. it's the gun's fault.

11-Apr-18
Interesting points guys.

The medication thing in particular. We are quick to blame providers and pharma etc... But just like with guns, drunk driving, etc... It's the person that ultimately is where the buck stops. Some situations that's not the case for sure - kids come to mind. Medicate vs allow to play for example... But with adults, when did "we" decide any level of discomfort or angst should be treated so we had no pain?

Why do "we" feel that "feeling" is not ok and should be treated.

There are times. There are legit chronic or acute situations. But those situations have been watered down a lot.

Regardless - given the degree of mental illness reported in the general population with anxiety, depression etc "booming".. perhaps looking at the big picture is in order. Why is this happening, and what can we do to be more stable as a society.

In the end, it feels like personal responsibility is the biggest issue here. For any of this stuff.

MRW - agreed. A straight forward background check program that worked nationally w/ licensing which did the same, so we were not nervous about how our license may or may not translate and how to deal with that would be sooooo good.

11-Apr-18
"""Regardless - given the degree of mental illness reported in the general population with anxiety, depression etc "booming".. perhaps looking at the big picture is in order. Why is this happening, and what can we do to be more stable as a society."""

It is happening because it is big F'ing money,.. plain and simple.

11-Apr-18
That may be it BB. Ads on TV telling us to ask our provider about a new med for everything sure seems to be the way to pitch drugs... ugh.

12-Apr-18
Please post the article if anyone has it on hand. The B@W of who and what. Thanks.

13-Apr-18
Would “extreme risk" confiscation laws, like the pending one in Maryland, survive a 2nd amendment chalkege?

13-Apr-18
Masslive.com is reporting that it cleared a 19 person committee today. Get ready everyone, start calling your politicians now.

21-Apr-18
I don't go looking for trouble. I pay my taxes, because I actually had to pay this year. I hope they the laws. I jumped through hoops to get my LTC and purchase all of my firearms. Nobody is taking my guns. I don't care what the law change does. I don't care what anybody else says. They will need to drive up my football field length driveway with a tank and blow me to smithereens before I give up my firearms. They can take that to the bank and make a policy of it.

21-Apr-18
Totally agree with your frustration Fatkid, however let's remember that the first amendment is falling faster than the second amendment... so never write when you can speak, never speak when you can nod, and never nod when you can wink...;)

• Sitka Gear