huntskifishcook 08-Apr-18
bowandspear 09-Apr-18
Will 09-Apr-18
Deerdawg 09-Apr-18
Will 09-Apr-18
08-Apr-18

hickstick's embedded Photo
hickstick's embedded Photo
I only got a group shot before I left, but I know some other guys took pics during. Post 'em up.

BruceP's attempt at tagging everyone: Starting from left, me, huntskifishcook, peterk1234, hunterma (orange hat), dthfrmabove (green hat), moons22, captain, Fran, mrw, drslyr, eastie.

Not pictured are hickstick (took the pic) and Will (left all the fun too soon).

I'm in one of the food pics with the grey beanie, sunglasses, black fleece, and bluejeans

08-Apr-18
Only people missing, I believe, are me and Will, who'd already left.

08-Apr-18
I wish I could have been there, gotta work sometime. Hope all had fun.

08-Apr-18
Left to right who is who,..

08-Apr-18
Capt in the blue jacket out front

08-Apr-18

captain's embedded Photo
captain's embedded Photo

08-Apr-18

captain's embedded Photo
captain's embedded Photo

08-Apr-18
And the food was so good those who couldn’t make it missed out on a good time it was really nice putting a face to a name thanks guys for a good time

08-Apr-18
And the food was so good those who couldn’t make it missed out on a good time it was really nice putting a face to a name thanks guys for a good time

08-Apr-18
Yes thanks to everyone especially to Peter for putting it all together.

08-Apr-18

peterk1234's embedded Photo
More pics

08-Apr-18

08-Apr-18

08-Apr-18

08-Apr-18

08-Apr-18

08-Apr-18

08-Apr-18

08-Apr-18

08-Apr-18
BB, I'm gonna go out on a limb and take a crack at this left to right who's who thing.

Starting from left, me, huntskifishcook, peterk1234, hunterma (orange hat), dthfrmabove (green hat), moons22, captain, Fran, mrw, drslyr, eastie.

Not pictured are hickstick (took the pic) and Will (left all the fun too soon).

08-Apr-18
OMG, your killing me with the food alone. Great guys and good food, anything better.

08-Apr-18

Eastie778's embedded Photo
Eastie778's embedded Photo
It was a blast,great to meet all of you in person! The only pic I have, head shots at 75 yards. Let's do it again soon guys! Bryan

08-Apr-18
The food was great, three cheers for the cooks. Oh yeah and the saddle info was top notch, very informative.

08-Apr-18
Many thanks to Pete for setting this up with the club, the guys who brought and taught about saddles and other stuff, and the guys who prepped and brought the food. Absolutely amazing. I think Eastie misunderstood and thought all of Bowsite was coming. He could have fed the whole site all by himself.

Definitely a good time. You guys that didn't come really missed out, moons invited all of us to come hunting with him next fall...

08-Apr-18

mrw's embedded Photo
mrw's embedded Photo
That Moons is something! Pretty good time guys! I'm the petite fellow in the camo overalls and white shirt.

You can see Hickstick and Will in this one to the left.

08-Apr-18
I think drslyr made some video. Hopefully he can post them up.

The archery director at the club loved that we did this and welcomed us to do it again anytime. I am happy to host another in the future if you guys want. I learned today that we need to create a bit of incentive to get you higher than 12 inches from the ground. Nothing like dangling at neck breaking height by nothing more than a little rope and a tiny peg under your foot to make you feel alive :) Next time I will ask for some of the club's 3D targets. Set up half dozen targets, various distances and various locations around the tree, and have everyone put in five bucks and have a saddle shoot off. Winner takes all.

08-Apr-18
Great to meet all you guys today! I'm not sure how it's possible, but after testing out those saddles and talking hunting with everyone today I'm even more pumped to get in the woods scouting and chasing turkeys.

08-Apr-18

hickstick's Link
I'll add that if anyone wants to get in touch with me to ask more questions or anything...the PM method here on bowsite can be a bit of a pain,,,,you can email me directly. its my handle here followed by @ and townisp.com (not typing the whole thing out here so I don't get spammed) or hit me up on facebook (link above)

was great meeting everyone.

08-Apr-18
Awesome time guys!

08-Apr-18
Great group of guys today and like was said. The food was unbelievable !!!! I am going to purchase a saddle of some sorts in the next week or two. A few great pointers by mark and I realized what I was doing wrong

Oh and if we are throwing 5 bucks in a pool for shooting 3D. We have to handicap two guys before we start !!! Or blindfold which ever works out better. I can't figure out where the ten ring is at 30 yds never mind trying to hit it at 75 which is what they were doing

Peter thanks for the invite there and setting everything up. Wish I could have stayed longer but at least the boy won his finals game today 6-1. See you guys at the next meet and greet.

08-Apr-18
Sounds like a great time- Ma Bowsite guys rock!

08-Apr-18
If anyone left camo gloves I have them. HFC, I have your spoons lol

08-Apr-18
Thanks, Moons! I kept thinking I forgot something, but had all my bow gear so figured it couldn't be that important lol.

09-Apr-18
Very cool all, I am saddened I could not make it. Looks like alot of fun.

09-Apr-18
That was a total blast guys. Ill post some pic's from my phone. Fran - if you are willing to drop the recipe on your meatballs... WOW! Everyone wondered why I wasnt eating more at Greek Easter with the family... Um, because Fran makes AMAZING venison meatballs!

It was great to put human's to the handles. We are fortunate to have such a good bunch of folks. It's one of the coolest things about hunting. We had a wide range of ages, different parts of the state, and everyone just loves to hunt and was psyched to be learning about the saddles, talking about hunt's past and future and just generally having fun.

Would definitely be fun to do it again some time. (That's my subtle way of nominating Peter to make this an annual thing :)) ha ha ha!

Peter, Mark and Marc - thanks for the info, and letting us try your gear. I'm legitimately amazed at how secure it felt, and, how it really did feel like something you could shoot well out of over a wide range of directions. Opened my mind on saddles for sure!

09-Apr-18
Wished I could have made it, looks like you all had a great time! I am in the mist of daughters college softball season so the weekends are tough. Man! That food looked good! Hope to see you on the next get-together.

09-Apr-18

Will's embedded Photo
HFSC doing some impressive squirrel imitation work climbing in Hick's saddle.
Will's embedded Photo
HFSC doing some impressive squirrel imitation work climbing in Hick's saddle.
Will's embedded Photo
R) Hick explaining the details of the saddle to HFSC L) MRW getting ready to show off his cool sigth and shoot some targets.
Will's embedded Photo
R) Hick explaining the details of the saddle to HFSC L) MRW getting ready to show off his cool sigth and shoot some targets.
Will's embedded Photo
Peter (in tree) showing how you can sit in the saddle to take pressure off... L-R on earth: MRW, drslyr, Hickstick, Moons, DFA, HFSC, Eastie, and barely visible black sleeve to the right is Fran.
Will's embedded Photo
Peter (in tree) showing how you can sit in the saddle to take pressure off... L-R on earth: MRW, drslyr, Hickstick, Moons, DFA, HFSC, Eastie, and barely visible black sleeve to the right is Fran.
Will's embedded Photo
Peter showing how you can lean back for comfort... On the ground L = MRW, R = Drslyer
Will's embedded Photo
Peter showing how you can lean back for comfort... On the ground L = MRW, R = Drslyer

• Sitka Gear