Rut Nut 23-Apr-18
rust4brains 25-Apr-18
Bob 26-Apr-18
huntinelk 04-May-18
Rut Nut 04-May-18
tobywon 04-May-18
horsethief51 04-May-18
10-Apr-18
Most years by the 1st of May the hens are on the nest. What's going to happen this year, we seem to be a couple of weeks behind. I wonder if the last couple of weeks are going to be the best time to call in a big Gobler. Going to be a interesting season.

10-Apr-18
Not sure but all I can tell you is, I am seeing turkeys everywhere these days when I am driving any back roads. Coming home from my son's dek hockey practice Sunday morning I saw at least 20+ gobblers and jakes in a field harassing a couple of hens. 8-10 were in full strut. This was outside of West Newton.

10-Apr-18
Saw 24 in the field behind my house about 2 hours ago, including a couple nice fat longbeards. They were right in a spot where I have taken a few of them in seasons past. Deer everywhere this morning.

10-Apr-18
On a normal year the gobbling and flock talk revs up at the end of Feb around my house. This year I didn't hear any till last 10 days of March. Now I hear gobbling every morning. I'm hoping the lateness makes for a good spring season.

New this year the turkeys have taken to landing on my back deck and eating the bird seed. They never did that before.

11-Apr-18
Heading out for a walk after lunch.

11-Apr-18
Suddenly the Turkey's are disappearing, how do they know??? Gobbling is also way down at day break. Actually I'm thinking a couple of dry days are keeping them out of the field so much, maybe they are tick hunting;)

11-Apr-18
Saw 10 deer and heard turkeys in the woods across the holler. 10 ticks on my jeans. Put up 2 cameras at 2 of my favorite spots.

15-Apr-18

Ben Farmer's embedded Photo
Been seeing lots of gobblers! Just don't know if I'll have time to hunt them!:(

15-Apr-18
Justgrad, don't mention West Newton anymore while talking about hunting please!! Shhhh. Lol

16-Apr-18
oops....sry.....keep it on the downlow.....gotcha......

16-Apr-18

horsethief51 's embedded Photo
Put up a couple blinds before the weekend and I saw two nice longbeards that walked by the camera strutting.

16-Apr-18

Both were within stickbow range (for some of us). LOL!

21-Apr-18

My little huntress got it done today! Second year in a row during the youth hunt.

Absolutely love having this girl hunting with me! Can't wait till bow season again!!

22-Apr-18
Nice Ben!

22-Apr-18
Awesome, Ben..

22-Apr-18

rust4brains's embedded Photo
rust4brains's embedded Photo
We were fortunate yesterday, have had no time to scout this year. I set up a blind where I've see birds over the last few years. Managed to call in this bird in for Mitchell to connect on. It was a beautiful morning to be out with my son. We don't know the weight of the bird, but it had a 9 inch beard and 3/4 inch spurs.

22-Apr-18
Awesome rust!!

22-Apr-18
Awesome Ben and Rust! Proud fathers right there!

23-Apr-18
Great stuff!!!!!!!!!!!! Way to go Ben and Pat.....................you are doing it right! ;-)

25-Apr-18
thanks guys!

26-Apr-18
Congratulations to both youth hunters and their guides !

04-May-18

huntinelk's embedded Photo
huntinelk's embedded Photo
We didn't quite get it done on youth day, but put my sons day off to good use today.

04-May-18
Nice bird- congrats!

04-May-18
Congrats to all the youth hunters and mentors for getting it done. Nice birds.

04-May-18
We saw, beaver, geese, ducks, herons and a bobcat today.

• Sitka Gear