bowandspear 11-Apr-18
bowandspear 11-Apr-18
Belchertown Bowman 11-Apr-18
hickstick 11-Apr-18
Belchertown Bowman 11-Apr-18
huntskifishcook 12-Apr-18
bowandspear 13-Apr-18
10-Apr-18
http://www.espn.com/outdoors/general/columns/story?columnist=swan_james&page=g_col_swan_mental-health

Awesome article in defense of hunting. The guy who wrote it also wrote a great book called "In Defense of Hunting" which is a great read as well.

10-Apr-18
So I'm not crazy! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ...

Ooops, I'll go take my pills ?? now

10-Apr-18
That is a great article! What's really scary is that 82% of people surveyed thought that all hunters drink too much and shoot recklessly. And it's really incredible the lengths to which some of these groups are willing to go to make us look bad. I understand disagreeing with something, but I'll never understand using fabricated information to justify that disagreement.

11-Apr-18
HFSC, no joke. That said, I've probably told this story before... But my home town on the NE corner of the Quabbin debated banning hunting in the late 70's. And it was, precisely, because people were coming out to hunt, big gang pushes, guys hunting drunk, getting lost, trespassing, shooting signs etc. Is that the hunter in the woods today? No. Was that likely the way everyone was in the late 70's? No. But people get stereotyped for reasons.

I loved how well the article debunked so many stereotypes of hunters!

MRW, to funny man! Some how reading your last sentence I see Jack Nicklaus talking from that movie he did where he was in a psych hospital :)!

11-Apr-18
MRW the jury is still out ;P

11-Apr-18
Great article Will, thanks.

11-Apr-18
Thumbs Up!

Now,.. how to get that out to everyone else?,.. post it on your social media sites folks!

11-Apr-18
HFC...haven't we all come across a yahoo who has no business hunting (let alone driving to the hunting spot)? lets just say this IS a reason for the stereo type...however, times have changed. folks are more well educated.

11-Apr-18
Part of what has changed is strict rules and hunter safety courses,.. I don't like em, but I think that has been part of what is different from when I was young hunting,..

I think that thins out some of the riff raff from our woods,.. ? Not sure,.. I have no data to back this up, ... and I am a data guy, this is just my inner thoughts and suspicion . I could be wayyyyy off base.

12-Apr-18
Hick, I certainly do know a yahoo that should probably have his hunting license taken for life. Sucks that someone like that can be used to generalize all of us.

13-Apr-18

bowandspear's embedded Photo
bowandspear's embedded Photo
Maybe a little "borrowing" here as I open the new Traditional Bowhunter issue tonight and there is a nice write up about another author who looks like he wrote a great book titled the American Longbow with a chapter entitled "in defense of hunting". Or are we all now just in the defensive position :P I'll order the book and let you know .

• Sitka Gear