retro 15-Apr-18
Bow Crazy 18-Apr-18
ground hunter 18-Apr-18
DoorKnob 18-Apr-18
blackwolf 18-Apr-18
Kevin @ Wisconsin 18-Apr-18
11-Apr-18

Tweed's Link
Only $49 for the tag and $10 for the application fee.

Anyone applying?

11-Apr-18
Dang autocorrect.... ELK...ELK TAG!

11-Apr-18
I will apply.

11-Apr-18
i was wondering what a WELL tag was

12-Apr-18
Most old school hunters won't apply .

Most new wave " hunters " will apply .

12-Apr-18
Why is that Ruger?

12-Apr-18
My last well tag only need to go 123 feet for good water. Ok let’s hear the “went deeper” stories for your well tag. No frackers please!

12-Apr-18
I just had to get a well tag as my pump went out. Oh by the way, I am going to apply for an Elk tag, did you guys see they are going to have a drawing?

12-Apr-18
Will absolutely be applying...and I don't even consider myself "new wave"

12-Apr-18
I will be applying. I miss chasing them out west with the bow. Me new wave? I don't even have cable or satellite tv....

12-Apr-18
Mike (and any other western elk hunters) what will your tactics be in NW Wisconsin compared to out west?

12-Apr-18
I don't know about the hunt for them though? If I could chase them during the rut it would be exiting, but I believe the hunt is in Oct after the rut. I am hopefully before getting to old going out west with my recurve and hunt them. I've done it with a compound a few times.

12-Apr-18
I will for sure apply. The opportunity to to hunt elk in my home state is well worth that little bit of money. I've spent that much on a nice meal.

Tactics will be interesting since the rut will be over before the season as mentioned above. Spot and stalk also isn't much of an option because it's pretty flat ground in almost exclusively wooded country.

Fun nonetheless.

12-Apr-18
I suppose a guy could just stand by those flashing lights on the road that signal when an elk is coming through.

12-Apr-18
I'll apply. Someone has to win. I play the lottery, and although the odds to draw are astronomical, they are better odds than the lottery lol. Does anyone know of a good elk guide, or have the inside track on how to hunt them? I'm pretty sure I'll draw (call me lucky), and I'll hire you!

12-Apr-18
Please explain Ruger......

13-Apr-18
Most people "draw" their water from a well. Real archers will have no issue with a well permit. But, how in the world will the greedy crossbow users get water when they do not know how to draw?

13-Apr-18
If WI terminal tags pass, a person could pull a elk tag.

13-Apr-18
I'll apply and hopefully draw a tag and shoot the new Wisconsin State Record bull elk :^)

13-Apr-18
I'm old school and I will apply.

Why wouldn't a bowhunter from on this site apply?

13-Apr-18
Mike, I guarante if you shoot the first one, it's the Wisconsin State record lol. I hope to top your score the same day when I draw. Maybe we should partner up for photo ops?

13-Apr-18
What are the chances of shooting an elk on public land? Is that where they are located? Just haven’t done any research at all.

13-Apr-18
I thought I could get well by purchasing this tag. Bummer.

If any of use guys get a tag, call me and I will be your guide. The price might be a bit higher though.

13-Apr-18
HUNT 1 OF THESE ELK ? A few years back I walked up on one of these Bulls that looked at me as I got within 40 yards before it calmly walked away .

The new wave hy ters that want tohunt that way also hunt from towers or tents overlooking bait & water supplys . This is the same hunter that will go to Texas & hunt behind a fence in a tower watching an electric feeder . With a crossbow of course . ( might as well piss everybody off ) .

Ready for this !! I have bo issues with new wave hunters . 50 years ago I was a new wave hunter to someone else . Time marches on .

13-Apr-18
Wow , I just described Ted Nuggent . Never did care for that blowhard.

I was considered new wave in the early 70's . Trying out compounds, huntibg from trees, using Indian bucklore & using a range finder . A real ridical bowhunter then .

15-Apr-18
I think 1022 forgot to take his meds......again......

15-Apr-18
Ruger, Did you use "Indian bucklore" to get that close to the elk?

18-Apr-18
I will apply for sure! We had a cow from the Black River Falls herd on our property in 2016. I can assure you she was as wild, if not more wild, than any deer we have. BC

18-Apr-18
"might as well piss everyone off",,,, now that's funny

18-Apr-18
Does bucklore work better than folklore?

18-Apr-18
Since the season doesn't start until Oct 11, spot and stalk will be the best hunt method. If lucky, my first call would be to "smokey". I would also spend last week sep and 1st week Oct doing some location via bugling. But I have never won a lottery, lol.

18-Apr-18
I'm guessing the hunt is going to look like the Arizona elk hunts where there is one tag to ten helpers .

Good luck to everyone.

• Sitka Gear