Sitka Gear
Cape Cod National Seashore
Massachusetts
Contributors to this thread:
shoot2drill 12-Apr-18
Will 12-Apr-18
Moons22 12-Apr-18
12-Apr-18
mornin all, I'm new to hunting but as I have been sitting here on the side lines you dudes have shared a lot of great info (some of it expensive). I will doing my first season of turkey hunting this year and along with places around the house, I put in for a permit to spring hunt the Cape Cod National Seashore in Wellfleet/Provincetown. Has anyone done this? or do you think it would be harder/easier to find them in the beach type area?

12-Apr-18
Welcome aboard S2D!

I've never hunted anything on the cape, but also had no idea the national seashore had a program for turkey hunting. sounds great!

No ideas specifically... but the root's are likely the same: where do they roost, what/where do they tend to eat and strut. If you can observe some of that from a distance great. Or if you can walk areas to feel that out, great. How they relate to terrain may be different, but I'm not sure how that all looks down there. Sounds like you are in for an awesome experience regardless.

12-Apr-18
S2d I'm not sure about the cape cod national sea shore, but I know there is definitely no lack of turkeys on the cape. We fish Brewster, Chatham, Dennis, harwich all the time. See turkeys everywhere! If I was you I'd start driving around, locating birds, and asking permission to hunt. Good luck!

• Sitka Gear