Ok. teachers rock.
Oklahoma
Contributors to this thread:
Boris 13-Apr-18
Boris 13-Apr-18
swampokie 20-Apr-18
Boris 22-Apr-18
13-Apr-18
Here is a BIG shout out for the teachers of Ok. It is about time that the elected officials get their heads out of their BUTTS and see the teachers for what they are and not a babysitter. Our teachers ARE the first line of defence for these students. Teachers have died for their students. Why is it, we can afford to pay the elected officials these high salaries and give them the best of the best security. But, we cannot give our teachers better pay. Why is it that our elected officials, who have NO knowledge or experience in the educational world, go an make laws and rules to tell a teacher how to do their jobs. No, I am not a teacher. But, my wife has been a teacher for 35 years and my daughter has been a teacher for 5 years in Arizona. She is moving back to Pa. to finish her dual masters in education and to get better pay. In Arizona, in 5 years, she has received $500.00 pay raises. She gets $250.00 for supplies to cover 550 students for the year. But the higher ups are getting over $100,000 + a year. SORRY for the rant. Oh, forgot, my niece is a teacher in WV. teacher rock......

13-Apr-18
I meant to say that she received a total of $500.00 in 5 years, sad.

20-Apr-18
Right on!

22-Apr-18
Arizona is going out. I think they are planned for the 2 of May.

• Sitka Gear