nehunter 's embedded Photo
Riverton bridge
nehunter 's embedded Photo
Riverton bridge
Anybody going out tomorrow?

13-Apr-18
Yes I’ll be out first light

13-Apr-18
Good luck guys!!! Used to be one of my favorite days. I’ve since given up on it and decided to fish a few weeks into the season. Too many people crowding the small river I fish, and under stocked for the crowd that fishes it. I do best after the second stock and after the fish are done being pressured. Post some pics of your stringers if you get some.

13-Apr-18
Geez i haveny done opening day in years..id love too cast a c p swing all day..

NE do they still do the contest at hitchcock?

13-Apr-18

SILVERADO's embedded Photo
I’ve gotten spoiled and this is what I fish for now from shore.

13-Apr-18

I’ve gotten spoiled and this is what I fish for now from shore.

13-Apr-18
Opening day was a ritual for me but that was years ago. Would rather fish saltwater, more fun and better eating.

13-Apr-18
I heard that they didn't stock Riverton last year. Me and the boys will be out. Starting to pass the torch on to my boys. They are starting to form their own fishing memories and rituals with their buddies. Kinda cool.

13-Apr-18

nehunter 's Link
Not me. Yes they do.

13-Apr-18
The traditional grand prize is a Hitchcock chair donated by Hitchcock Chair Company located in Riverton. In addition, other prizes include a half-day guided fly fishing tour from Orvis as well as gifts from local merchants.

13-Apr-18
Nice laker Dave

14-Apr-18
My buddy and I fished it in 1970, we were both 13.

In the picture above, on the left side, if you see where the little kid in a white hat is sitting on a rock, that is right about where we fished.

He won the 1st prize chair with a 4+ pound brown.

I caught 2 rookies about 15 inches.

14-Apr-18
Haven't gone out in 40 years started fishing for bass but haven't even done that in years have fun out there guys

14-Apr-18
I grew up a die hard fisherman.. love to fish the rivers, lakes and streams. Ever since I came down to CT I can't find any. Everyone in my area fishes for blues, stripes etc.. I would love to sit in a boat and rack up some bass. Or head to a river and pull in some nice rainbows and browns.. miss the good ol days.. I still purchase my all waters fishing license even though I only go maybe once or twice a year.

14-Apr-18
Plenty of fish up your way dude..find a mud hole with sunnies and take the kids

15-Apr-18
Notme I've been looking with no success!

15-Apr-18
Seems as if our trout stamp money went to stock the city ponds this year

15-Apr-18
It seems that most of the stocking listed on the DEEP site went into Trout Management Areas. None of the usual places that I fish were listed at all. I did fish Mt Tom Pond (my usual opener spot) on opening day for a few hours and caught nothing. Other fisherman caught either one fish (trout or a small salmon) or nothing. Those fish must have been holdovers from last falls stocking. Makes me real happy to pay for a trout/salmon tag and then finding nothing has been stocked anywhere locally other than TMAs, Candlewood and Highland lakes.

15-Apr-18
Gene I know what you mean the river I live near didn’t get listed as being stocked . Only very few fish caught

• Sitka Gear