RidgeRocker 17-Apr-18
hogthief 18-Apr-18
RidgeRocker 18-Apr-18
hogthief 19-Apr-18
RidgeRocker 19-Apr-18
RidgeRocker 23-Apr-18
Dafish 02-May-18
13-Apr-18
Hello all. I am from New York and starting my western whitetail adventure for the first time this year. I'm heading to Nebraska for a week and looking to hunt a week in Missouri with the bow. Was wondering if anyone could point in the right direction on some good sized state lands known for pope and young whitetails? What type of features do midwest whitetails prefer as I am used to the Adirondacks of NY. How is the pressure during archery on the public lands?

17-Apr-18
when?

17-Apr-18
We're heading out from Oct 13th through the 21st. Only time i had available from work, but figured it should be decent. they'll be just starting to get territorial and seek. How does the cwd area's affected hunting? i've been told to try and get away from them. looking into north east or western corridor with antler restrictions might have better deer numbers?

18-Apr-18
little early, but the corn should be coming out about then. check out some of the state waterfowl areas. they sometimes allow bowhunting, but not rifle hunting. plus some of them are really nasty, hard to get into areas. should be the "prettiest" time of the fall. have fun.

18-Apr-18
i figured it would be about a week early. unfortunately we don't get a choice on vacation availability sometimes. i've heard about the waterfowl area's from a few people. i don't think the pressure will be as bad on the ca's in the middle of oct vs. the last week into the first week of november. the antler restriction county's skew the harvest number's when doing a comparison against the cwd area's. overall how is the deer numbers across northern missouri? any counties you would recomend to stay away from? or overall not to bad. like anything the amount of leg work will and effort determines success. i see northwest missouri's number's are down considerably against the 10 yr average. Whats some of your opinions on the northern region?

19-Apr-18
well, the numbers are skewed for a lot of reasons. we don't have check stations anymore, so a significant number of deer get to the barn without being checked. when was the last time we had check stations? about 10 years ago? anyway, I can't really recommend a county/region to avoid. I used to score for P&Y and I scored nice bucks in every county in the NW/KC/West Cent regions. check out Ray County. I think it gets overlooked a lot.

19-Apr-18
Thanks for the advice.

23-Apr-18
Anyone on here have experience with ranacker or bonanza ca's?

02-May-18
try union or deer ridge, big areas with lots of potential and not much pressure, at least on weekdays.

• Sitka Gear