SCIKevin 18-Apr-18
SCIKevin 18-Apr-18
Highway Star 18-Apr-18
Rock 18-Apr-18
Orion 18-Apr-18
MathewsMan 18-Apr-18
BIGHORN 18-Apr-18
16-Apr-18
If I were you guys out there, I would not be taking my animals to Jonas for taxidermy work. I took a Mountain Lion, Buffalo and Mule Deer to them and I was told that they would be done in 6 months. Ya right. I called them this morning and was told that it would not be another 90 days (if that is correct) which would put the completion period to 18 months. On top of that, the guy I was working with is no longer with them. Of course, their excuse is that they have moved three times during this period. I'm almost dreading to see what my mounts are going to look like when they are completed.

16-Apr-18
i used Brad with a lasting memory before he moved out of state. He worked for them and didnt have anything good to say. He sold him shop to Rob with Rocky Mountain Tannery and i have been pleased with him as well. He did my mountain goat and has a mule deer of mine right now. Just a suggestion if you are looking for a new Taxi. Hopefully your mounts come back and look great.

16-Apr-18
2 years don't look so bad now

16-Apr-18
With your old taxidermy shop

16-Apr-18
I had my African mounts delivered in Feb. of '17, with the same promise. They have changed hands twice and moved a couple of times since. I was told at the end of February they would start on mine in four weeks. I have the same fears as Bighorn. Question...If they change hands are they still Jonas Bros.?

Scott

16-Apr-18
There are several guys out there that can beat that turnaround time considerably.

My taxidermist got my elk done in under 6 months to be available for the CBA.

17-Apr-18
Just to be fair to Jonas Brothers, my wife and I drove to their new location this afternoon to discuss things with them. My three hides are tanned and at their location. They agreed to complete all three mounts within 60 days and discount my total order by 9%. I agreed with this and hope that they live up to what they told me. Their new location is smaller than their old place and it doesn't have very good parking. I did see about 10 people working on mounting different animals. They did seem very apologetic that it has taken so long to take care of my problem. We shall wait to see how they handle things.

18-Apr-18
We're given the privilege to hunt, we're lucky enough to kill an animal, eat it with our friends and family, and relive the memory for a lifetime and you're concerned about how much time it takes to get the mount back?

Maybe just take a step back and revel in the anticipation and look forward to new hunts.

18-Apr-18
I’ve got you beat. Going on 3 years waiting for my work to be done. I’ve been told several different completion dates and most recently I was told 60 days, which was about 20 days ago.

@chasewild, it’s more an issue of integrity and expectations being set and promises broken. These mounts Adler very expensive and I would like the opportunity to enjoy them before I die. When I pay a 50% deposit in the 4 figures, I expect that work to begin in a timely manner. I was told twice that they “lost my ticket”.

Unless the mounts I get are the most amazing ones I’ve ever seen, no chance I’ll have them do work for me again.

18-Apr-18
I’ve got you beat. Going on 3 years waiting for my work to be done. I’ve been told several different completion dates and most recently I was told 60 days, which was about 20 days ago.

@chasewild, it’s more an issue of integrity and expectations being set and promises broken. These mounts Adler very expensive and I would like the opportunity to enjoy them before I die. When I pay a 50% deposit in the 4 figures, I expect that work to begin in a timely manner. I was told twice that they “lost my ticket”.

Unless the mounts I get are the most amazing ones I’ve ever seen, no chance I’ll have them do work for me again.

18-Apr-18
It is not about the time it is about the promise. Scott

18-Apr-18
You always have the option to just go to their shop and pick up your heads and hides then take them to someone else. From what I have seen and heard most of their taxidermist are not very good nor care about the quality of there work, have seen some really terrible mounts come out of there.

18-Apr-18
Yep plenty of taxidermists around the state that do much better work

18-Apr-18

18-Apr-18
I took my Bison to a place and after a year I drove to their shop to see how things were going. It was still laying in a pile of hides and hadn't been sent out yet. I took it with me, minus the money I gave to the guy for "skinning". If I give my hides to a place and money up front I expect at the very least that they send them out to be tanned. Otherwise, they are just using my funds to keep their business going from one day to the next.

• Sitka Gear