Live2hunt 18-Jun-18
Live2hunt 18-Jun-18
ground hunter 18-Jun-18
upnorth 18-Jun-18
casekiska 18-Jun-18
16-Apr-18

lame crowndip's embedded Photo
lame crowndip's embedded Photo
Thought I'd start a thread about stuff you can do indoors. I'm making up a couple dozen arrows (3 and 4 fletch-feathers). If I need to shoot lower pounds and limit the distance I'm going to have pristine arrow flight-as usual.

16-Apr-18
Just loaded snowblower in truck. Turkey first period

16-Apr-18

Pete-pec's embedded Photo
Bird taxidermy typically ends in March

16-Apr-18

Bird taxidermy typically ends in March, but not in this weather?

16-Apr-18

16-Apr-18
nice work

16-Apr-18
Great stuff! Spent Saturday afternoon with my best hunting bud at the local shop shooting 3d. Normally this time of year is just backyard practice for Turkeys, but the blizzard forced us indoors.

16-Apr-18
Fixed the WTA youth arrows and then made a dozen for myself.

16-Apr-18
Cleaning guns I just bought . Building AR's ; about 1 per week . Working on my Hawkins 50 cal . I took measurements & pictures of a real Hawkins at the Carson city museum . Been working on it for 25 years . Last year in this date I took the grandkids fishing & we planted 300 onion sets .

16-Apr-18
Working on my bagpipes...I'm gettin' there! Hardest thing I've EVER done!!!

16-Apr-18
Putting together two 5.9 turbo Cummins motors for a re-power for my boat.

16-Apr-18
CaptMike: We need a pic of that boat.

I am still trimming apple trees. At my Minnesota property there are six apple trees left to do. 3 easy ones and the rest will take some time. Then there are still 2 pear trees left to do, they are in bad need. I have done 3 of them and they took about 4 hours each to do and that is leaving many big water sprouts to help slow down new sprouts. I used a chain saw on two and might need it on more.

16-Apr-18
Anybody make their own soil drag for plots? Something you can pull by a rope to ensure good seed to soil contact! Looking for a project to get into.

16-Apr-18
Put tire chains on the tractor to pull tree Planter this coming weekend. It always seems to rain on planting day but this will be first I've planted through snow.

Reggie- burn a box spring. Or chain link fence panel from a dog kennel?

16-Apr-18
Yeah I was thinking of some chain link with maybe some logs or a cinder block on top for weight.

16-Apr-18
I use a section of chain link and throw some old tires with rims on for weight. I like the rims/tires as I can easily strap them down to the chainlink with bungees and being a car guy I have a lot of them around;)

16-Apr-18
Reggie, I use about twelve feet of chain link fence that I folded in half and wired together for a drag. I folded the fencing over a length of 4 X 4 and also used the ends of it as the attachment points for the rope I used to drag it with. I doubled it as the extra weight seemed to help make better contact with the ground and I got a better drag from it.

16-Apr-18
Thanks for the ideas, guys. Can’t wait to build something to help my poor man’s plots

17-Apr-18
Sharpening hooks, organizing tackle, cleaning the garage, selling crap on C-list to make room for the new crap, fishing the mighty Mississippi when mother nature allows, and feeding the birds (squirrels).

17-Apr-18
Buying boat motors I don't really need and cleaning them... Not sure why, I think I should be buying more ice augers lol

17-Apr-18
Shoveling ....

17-Apr-18
Nice work Pete. I am finishing up a couple deer mounts during this stuff.

17-Apr-18
Thanks, I bet you'd be doing something else, if the weather was a bit more normal L2H? Am I right?

17-Apr-18
Actually I needed a cold April and I do not have that much snow,,,, since I had been restricted, I am catching up, firewood splitting, and yard maintenance with brush burning projects, usually by now its too late to burn.........

also get a thousand jigs ready for fishing season, my wife, goes thru a lot of them

18-Apr-18

GoJakesGo's embedded Photo
GoJakesGo's embedded Photo
I ride

18-Apr-18
Yes and no Pete, I have to get these done. But, the ice fishing and the Steelhead on the Brule especially are calling and leaving alot of messages. The problem is the weather isn't what is stopping me, it's others wanting my time.

18-Apr-18
Kawasaki Sno-Jet. That goes back a ways. Very nice.

18-Apr-18
Go Jakes, I had 1 just like it. But mine wasn't upside down. 338 Yamaha engine I believe.

18-Apr-18
GJG, sweet sled. My first sled was a 69 Sno-Jet that my great uncle bought new rode twice then put into storage in his shed. He gave to me when I was 12 in 83.

18-Apr-18
I have been trimming trees in this poor weather. It was actually nice all morning. Then I took a long lunch break. Went back out a half hour ago, started to snow a little. Then it got heavier and heavier. The snow melted thru by gloves, wet hands got colder and colder. Ladder was slippery, flakes were melting on my glasses making it hard to see. Took me a while but I finally got it and quit. Pretty snow tho, coming down slow, no wind, trees turning white. I could be Christmas in April.

18-Apr-18

Drop Tine's embedded Photo
Drop Tine's embedded Photo
Got the oil changed in all the summer stuff and ready for spring and plowing snow is about what I’ve been doing. Figured I would be fishing by now.

18-Apr-18

Hoot's embedded Photo
Hoot's embedded Photo
I'm still cleaning up snow from the past storm. Hopefully tomorrow through Tuesday a lot of this white stuff will disappear with temps in the mid fifties.

26-Apr-18

smokey's embedded Photo
smokey's embedded Photo
I maade some outriggers for my kayak. I don't need them for fishing but do need them when I am using the kayak for photography. Camera gear doesn't like to get wet!

I have since painted them camo.

18-Jun-18

Live2hunt's embedded Photo
Last mount of the year going out the door. This is my Nieces Husband. First pedestal mount I've done.

18-Jun-18

18-Jun-18

18-Jun-18

18-Jun-18
nice

18-Jun-18
Tying bunches of Musky fly's for the guides and myself .

18-Jun-18
Wife & I came back to crappy WI weather after great vac - bought new recurve at Three Rivers Archery in IN, visited dad's gravesite in Arlington National cemetery, in D.C., visited USMC Museum near Quantico, VA, & stopped at Compton shoot in MI,...and then this hotter than XXXX weather, we shoulda stayed on vac! Good luck to the folks in NW WI.

• Sitka Gear