WeekendWarrior 19-Apr-18
Moche 19-Apr-18
splitlimb13 19-Apr-18
mrelite 19-Apr-18
WeekendWarrior 20-Apr-18
splitlimb13 20-Apr-18
trophyhill 20-Apr-18
18-Apr-18
Hey guys, just drew the 16D tag - late archery! I am from MT but have never even been near the area. If there is anyone out there that is willing to give me some insight on where to camp/stay, hunt, tips, someone to talk to etc. I would greatly appreciate it!

18-Apr-18
Sure what u need to know.

18-Apr-18
Not looking for anyone's secret spots or anything, but more of what is a typical area most guys stay and where the elk are predominantly found (all throughout the unit, north, east, south, west, etc.). Roads that open for travel, I guess anything helps.

18-Apr-18
P.m. me your number ,I'll give you all the info you need.

18-Apr-18
P.m. me your number ,I'll give you all the info you need.

18-Apr-18

BlackCowsMatter's embedded Photo
BlackCowsMatter's embedded Photo
WeekendWarrior, I am from Montana as well. I'm very familiar with 16d (been all over the unit, hunted it 2of last three years) and happy to help. PM me # if you like to talk. Fathers 16d bull last year.

19-Apr-18
Good handle

19-Apr-18
Congrats on the tag! I consider it one of the top tags in NM. (So do a bunch of other folks, hence low draw odds) I hope folks are willing to share as the likelihood of drawing the tag again as an NR are slim.

19-Apr-18
Thanks guys! I was making the same assumption on not drawing the tag again to where you wouldn't have to worry about me taking over any spots!

19-Apr-18
will be their the entire hunt. I have the same tag. Stop by and have a Drink with me. will be Driving a White 3/4 ton Chevy Four door pulling a blue Box trailer. will probably be camped around Ghost Lake. Hunted this unit over twenty times.

19-Apr-18
I'll send over some way points later on man. Hope you kill a giant.

19-Apr-18
Congrats! I am a resident and have never had the tag, I have scouted it a bunch but I imagine you will get what you need from these guys. It's a great place and there are roads but I can assure you it can be a tough physical hunt, make sure we get to see some pics!

20-Apr-18
Thanks for the input and help guys!

20-Apr-18
Hope u kill a good 1!! Hope those way points help you guys out!

20-Apr-18
Tommy Maldanado sells scouting packages for the Gila units. It paid off for me in a big way in 2012 ;) I believe he only issues 3 per unit so as not to send hunters on top of each other. If you Google him his name should pop up. Can't remember if he's out of Reserve or Silver City. Good luck either way!

• Sitka Gear