Contributors to this thread:
jman22 18-Apr-18
Jdawg 19-Apr-18
SaddleReaper 19-Apr-18
bas4109 19-Apr-18
Shawlerbrook 20-Apr-18
jman22 20-Apr-18
18-Apr-18
Anyone been out pounding the ground in the recent weeks? I pretty much do all my scouting in the spring and am off to a late start this year due to weather and snow. Anyone found anything interesting? I was scouting a swamp where I shot a nice buck out of last yr and checked on the usual bedding spots. Lots of good sign. Will be doing some combined turkey hunting/scouting in the next few weeks. Life is good!

19-Apr-18
In its own way, spring scouting, shed hunting, etc is as enjoyable as fall. In some ways more so....no pressure to kill anything...just study and observe. Good time to tend to treestands/safety equipment/hardware. Detailing stand sites, etc. Get a feel for where the birds are roosting. Would love to get a camera on a mineral site (natural lick of course...wouldn’t even consider placing mineral if in violation of any regulations). Great time to be out there before the lawn grows.

19-Apr-18
Agreed with jdawg... shed hunting reveals more than I ever see during the fall season, since I like most here keep pressure to a minimum.

19-Apr-18
I have been scouting since before last season ended! My goal was to locate some specific bedding areas and I have found a few. I know everyone is sick of the cooler weather but it is prefect for getting out and exploring without the bugs .

20-Apr-18
I’ll do some during the May turkey season.

20-Apr-18
I agree with everyone. Best time to see last yrs sign and piece the puzzle together for the upcoming fall. Added bonus that we can chase turkeys at the same time.

• Sitka Gear