CaptMike 19-Apr-18
DoorKnob 19-Apr-18
retro 19-Apr-18
CaptMike 19-Apr-18
CaptMike 19-Apr-18
retro 20-Apr-18
CaptMike 20-Apr-18
18-Apr-18
When you look around the table it doesn’t take long to see something is a little off . How we view what a deer is and its purpose has brought us to where we are . The DNR , The Hunt Industry , and many deer hunters have unrealistic needs for a deer . The DNR needs too much money , The industry needs to sell too much stuff , and many hunters are consumed with deer . Its out of control , What you are hearing and seeing is a head on collision . If this doesn’t change the deer hunt will never survive . Maybe that's what we need , a hunt with no deer . Purge the industry , and DNR , and we hunters can hunt something else . O Ya Please don't start targeting Turkeys or give them names save that for the deer hunt LOL , Actually if you ever been to the NWTF yearly convention , you can see the turkey hunt is out of control also . Maybe we have to go back to just small game .

18-Apr-18
Actually, everyone just needs to go hunting and quit worrying about what the other guy is doing.

18-Apr-18
"Actually, everyone just needs to go hunting and quit worrying about what the other guy is doing." Such an apathetic attitude. If hunters are not concerned with hunting, who will be?

18-Apr-18
I’m not sure what’s worse. Bunny huggers trying to take opportunities away for hunting. Or other hunters greed taking away opportunities from hunters?

Scratch that, I do know which is worse.

19-Apr-18
"Or other hunters greed taking away opportunities from hunters?" Definitely greed. That is why I despise able bodied men and women who chose the ease of a modern crossbow in the archery season. But, DT, you should be well versed with greed as you yourself are greedy, just as is your wife who refuses to learn to shoot a vertical bow.

19-Apr-18
Cap you don't even realize that your hatred is part of the reason people move away from your choice of weapon to hunt with.

19-Apr-18
Jake, do not mistake hatred for simple truth.

19-Apr-18

Kevin @ Wisconsin's embedded Photo
Kevin @ Wisconsin's embedded Photo
"Cap you don't even realize that your hatred is part of the reason people move away from your choice of weapon to hunt with." That might be the most dishonest and untrue statement posted on the whole internet today. Good work on your hyperbole.

Arguing with xgunners is akin to dealing with crybaby millennials. Cry and whine they're not CEO by 25. Everything needs to be handed to them. Got to give those millennials xguns for easy kills because they are too lazy to work at Woodmanship.

19-Apr-18
I never said what you said is not true. It is your approach that people walk away from. You even have to bring ones wife into the mix. Nevermind, you are to obsessed with I,I ME, ME to let that bother you.

19-Apr-18
Jake, if you were not a troll but a regular to this site, you would understand why I mentioned his wife. It is her that he defends crossbow use for. My approach? Sorry snowflake, nothing wrong with being straightforward and honest. Stick around, there may be another group hug in the near future.

19-Apr-18
We are in the midst of a course correction. Hunter numbers are dropping like stones. Participation hours are decreasing rapidly. Access is becoming limited. Hunting is getting much more expensive. Public opinion is changing. Older hunters are hanging it up. Younger hunters are tough to find. Etc..........

On top of that we have hunters themselves attacking other hunters for hunting over bait, using crossbows, driving deer, shooting spikes, Sunday hunting, and wanting to reduce the minimum age to hunt.

Add it all up and we are in for some tough times ahead.

19-Apr-18
Yes Cap we must think up a name for a husband that sticks up for his wife. You much man.

19-Apr-18
Kevin@Wisconsin said; "Got to give those millennials xguns for easy kills because they are too lazy to work at Woodmanship. "

I am 50 so I guess I ain't a millennial but I do hunt with a crossbow. Do you hunt with a self bow on the ground? Kudos to you if you do.

19-Apr-18
Jake, Capt Mike doesnt believe in taking the easy way out. His bow only has 85% let off. He doesnt even use a crossbow when he hunts high fence enclosures over in Africa. Hes the real deal....:>)

19-Apr-18
"Yes Cap we must think up a name for a husband that sticks up for his wife." I already did. Can't you read, I have already labeled him as greedy.

19-Apr-18
Retro. I wonder what Cap would have done if Stick shooters would not have let him shoot what he wanted to? Yes, I can see that he is the real cream of the crop.

19-Apr-18
Hey retro, glad to see someone loosened your rock. Did you notice it snowed out? Hang on, I have a bunch of good pictures from Africa for you, you big he man, you.

19-Apr-18
LTL JimBow, 'The DNR , The Hunt Industry , and many deer hunters have unrealistic needs for a deer . The DNR needs too much money , "

The last 5 years local CDAC's have set deer harvest and population goals, not the DNR. The DNR operates on a fixed budget, set by the legislatures joint finance committee. Society is changing, can't stop it, can't reverse it, just accept it and adapt. As society adapts, are changes made in the peoples best interest, or the interest of $$$?

19-Apr-18
Is this really the Wisconsin forum or did I click on the wrong tab today?

19-Apr-18
Jeff, I'm going back to cooking Maple Syrup. See you in August..... Maybe.

19-Apr-18
What he said ^^^^^.

19-Apr-18
Actually dpms, bowhuner numbers were steadily rising before crossbows were enabled for the lazy.

19-Apr-18
Capt.

My wife has shot a compound for years and is currently shooting a PSE Chaos. It’s now her issue has gotten to the point that her accuracy has diminished. So you can shove your prior response.

I am also still waiting on YOU to provide sound scientific or a biological reason the season needs to be altered. Quit avoiding it. Oh that’s right there isn’t one. Just your bias and distain for a tool.

19-Apr-18

Drop Tine's embedded Photo
Drop Tine's embedded Photo
Here is a picture I took of her shooting one afternoon. I came up from the basement and she was out shooting. So I snuck a picture through the kitchen window.

19-Apr-18
Droptine, there is no need to explain anything to the jerk.

19-Apr-18
Capt, Im on the edge of my seat waiting for the African pictures. Just make sure you have the high fence photo shopped out of the background. It just makes it easier for the audience to pretend its real hunting. Do those places give you a copy of Peter Capsticks books to read when your there? :>)

19-Apr-18
Rutnstrut said; "Actually dpms, bowhuner numbers were steadily rising before crossbows were enabled for the lazy. "

I never said bowhunter numbers were dropping. I said hunter numbers and participation hours are dropping like stones across this country.

19-Apr-18

Jake's embedded Photo
Jake's embedded Photo
Here, these were all shot with a compound. Elk from New Mexico and the I buck in velvet from Colorado. The bear was from Ontario and the rest of the bucks were from Wi. Man is it easy to post pics here. OH Cap this was with a bow with a 50% let off and fingers NO FENCE. Most shot in the late 80's and 90's.

19-Apr-18
We who type here are just a small fraction. And perhaps the most opinionated given that we bother to bring it here.

19-Apr-18
DT, if your wife has a medical reason that she cannot shoot a vertical bow, she would have been able to get a permit for a crossbow under the old rules. I have no issue with that. Otherwise, reduce the poundage she is shooting. Many of the bows now available give ample speed and energy to kill a white tail at very modest draw weights. But, I know you knew that.

Retro, I could tell you were on the edge of your seat because I could hear you. When you are firmly planted, the only sounds you make sound like gas escaping.

Uh oh, Jake the troll called me a jerk. Maybe I am getting through to him after all? Anyways, quaint little cabin. Hope you don't pay too much rent for it.

19-Apr-18
Maybe I am getting through to him after all? Anyway. Yes you made it an easy call. LOL

19-Apr-18
Dpms, you must be a liberal.

19-Apr-18
Rut, I banter with these jokers because it is fun. I don't expect to change their minds, mainly because I don't there is a lot to change. They are crossbow hunters and only came to this site to spread their babble.

19-Apr-18
Rutnstrut said; "Dpms, you must be a liberal."

Nah. Wrong again. Politically speaking, I align myself with the Tea Party on most issues.

19-Apr-18
Actions speak much louder than words. I am with Rut on this one.

19-Apr-18
LOL @ the audacity regards telling others what their political persuasions are.

19-Apr-18
Doorknob, it is not telling them anything, it is the perception, based on their actions.

19-Apr-18
Your perceptions do not make him anything.

19-Apr-18
Capt, Is the slide show going to start soon?

19-Apr-18
Knob, my perceptions are my reality.

19-Apr-18
Retro you big he man, calm yourself. It is a big show. Many years worth.

20-Apr-18
Capt, Holy Smokes! I didnt realize we were talking about something the size of a broadway show. If thats the case, you need a proper introduction. Allow me......

Ladies and Gentlemen....... Bowsite (northern division) in cooperation with Capt. Mike proudly presents to you....

"African Safari" (with a girlie bow) Take er way Capt.....

20-Apr-18
retro, it is BIG! What, no drum roll? A big man like you should be able to pound out a beat on some big ol' bass drum?

• Sitka Gear