Destroyer350 19-Apr-18
Lark Bunting 19-Apr-18
Destroyer350 19-Apr-18
colohunter87 19-Apr-18
JohnMC 20-Apr-18
colohunter87 20-Apr-18
Stix 20-Apr-18
19-Apr-18
Any members here? I am probably going to join this month since it's the beginning of their year. I look forward to doing more shooting than year's past and it's pretty close to home.

Any member here? Any thoughts on the place or their membership benefits?

http://www.columbinebowmen.com/index.html

19-Apr-18
I am not a member, but was thinking about it also.. it's relatively close to home

19-Apr-18
I have been a member the past couple years. A few years ago they had quite a few tournaments during the weekend but I think they cut back on those. It has a great sight in range and walk through courses. They do a great job replacing the targets and mowing the paths. I think one of the benefits is you get access to drive to the start of the sight in range and walk through course versus parking at the gate and walking in. Not a big deal but its nice to have your truck close to where your shooting. If you have time during the weekdays to go shoot you will have the place to yourself. Hope that helps!

19-Apr-18
Destroyer, what are range hours? I was thinking about going this Sunday to check it out

19-Apr-18
You can shoot from first light til dark. Bring bug spray - sometimes its bad after it rains. Also, one of the big things is make sure you go really slow on the road off 67. Some of the residents have complained about people driving too fast to the range. Let me know what you think about it after you check it out!

P.S Don't bring broadheads to the range either. They will fine you.

19-Apr-18
Good info. I shot it once last year with my son and enjoyed the sight in course as well as the one walk-through range. The sight in course was strange in that people were just walking up to their targets to pull arrows even though others were still shooting. I asked that we treat it like any indoor range and all go together. ;)

Seems the pricing went up this year? I could be mistaken.

19-Apr-18
I have seen that too Lark. The fee did go up a little bit this year due to the Morrel targets going up. I think its the 1st increase in the last 5 years.

19-Apr-18
Joined about 18 months ago - great place to get out and shoot. Membership is a great value - sight-in ranges from 10 yards to 80+ yards. There are 2 ranges - distances of 20 yards to 90+ yards. It's mostly flat shooting - not a lot of uphill/downhill. Range is kept very clean. There are some hiking trails nearby, you'll see deer and turkeys and plenty of elk sign. It's public as well - you can park/pay at the first parking lot as it's on National Forest Service land (I think $5 ??), or join as a member, get the access code and drive the 1/2 mile or so and park at the the sight-in range. Hope that helps.

20-Apr-18
I have never been to Columbine's range. With that said one reason to always join your local range required or not, is it takes a lot to keep ranges up. Targets are expensive and a lot of other cost to keep up a range. Buy a membership and give at least a few hours a year to help maintain it. Small price to pay to have a nice place to shoot near your home.

20-Apr-18
JohnMC - couldn't agree more. Also joined American Bowmen Club near Bailey. Really good course - 40 stages, about 4.5 miles, 1200 feet elevation gain, lots of uphill and downhill shooting. Different terrain and shooting conditions and another group of really good folks.

20-Apr-18
Been a member at Columbine since '96. Back then it was truly a private club. It was only in the past 10 years or so that the FS dictated that they needed to pay fair markey value for the property, so they needed to open it to the public to get county funding. Prior to that, you could camp on the property, and use those camps as basecamps while hunting in the area(not on the range). I was there camping when the Hayman Fire broke out. It was my birthday weekend, and I woke up to the smell of pine burning. I used my unusually large cell phone to call douglas co sheriff to find out if there was a fire around. They said it was some small fire down by Lake George and don't worry about it. Lot's of good memories there. I remember my kids playing on the swing sets and monkey bars. There were 3, 15 shot courses back then. All the members knew each other and came over to each others campsites for great fellowship. A great range with a lot of history. I launched and lost a lot of arrows there.

• Sitka Gear