Contributors to this thread:
KsRancher 19-Apr-18
Jaquomo 19-Apr-18
JohnMC 19-Apr-18
SlipShot 20-Apr-18
MathewsMan 20-Apr-18
Brun 20-Apr-18
19-Apr-18
Seeing the other muzzleloader thread got me to thinking about a hunting show I recently watched. It had Tiffany Lakosky muzzleloader hunting the Hill Ranch in Colorado. And I noticed that her muzzleloader had a scope on it. Are the muzzleloader laws different if you are hunting on private ground or different kinds of tags. I was just curious

19-Apr-18
I believe the RFW properties like Hill Ranch can pretty much make up their own rules.

19-Apr-18
You can have a scoped muzzleloader if using a rifle tag just like legal to use a crossbow during rifle season. The RFW tags are rifle/any weapon so assuming that what tag she was hunting with it would be totally legal.

20-Apr-18
That was an older episode and there was a few threads when it first came out. I believe the final verdict was she was hunting during rifle season.? Some here can confirm.

20-Apr-18
RFW properties can set their own season dates, and because they are permitted to use rifle's and other means during those seasons, they can use a rifle the first day or our Archery Season. Don't know why everyone always wants to call foul on stuff. Sour grapes.

20-Apr-18
MatthewsMan and JohnMC are correct. RFW can use any weapon that is legal for any specific animal at any time during their designated seasons. People get confused over the scoped muzzleloaders, but a scoped muzzleloader is legal during Colorado's regular rifle seasons, so it is legal on RFW properties.

• Sitka Gear