Moons22 20-Apr-18
Will 20-Apr-18
Pi 20-Apr-18
Pi 20-Apr-18
Ungie01201 23-Apr-18
Will 23-Apr-18
Ungie01201 23-Apr-18
20-Apr-18
About 2 years ago we started seeing a gimpy turkey. Last year we realized he was missing a foot. He just as a stub - looks like a peg leg. He appears to be the dominant tom in our neighborhood. Just this AM I called his satelite tom off into my yard from the neighbors, and he then "gimpy" strutted over when a hen came to my sexy turkey talk ;). Amazes me he's as old as he is, and that he's getting that age with a significant injury. Tough critters!

20-Apr-18
That’s pretty amazing!! Must be tough for him to roost up with a stub!!

20-Apr-18
It is amazing. I had "old one legger" around for 2 years. Turkey was literally missing a whole leg. His beard almost touched the ground. I had a shot at him and missed!!! Tough critters.

20-Apr-18
Moons you should have shot at the other leg. Boy, this younger generation is a little slow.

Sheesh. And to those who are taking just one leg ... knock it off and use the whole bird.

20-Apr-18
Wow I never realized how simple it could've been to get old one legger.....

20-Apr-18
Wait, the real story here is that an animal escaped Moons :)

That's amazing though Moons - that that bird was around a few years. Blows my mind what wildlife can live through...

20-Apr-18
Live and learn... I'll be smart by the time I'm a thousand years old.

20-Apr-18
I'll bet the old one legger would lose in an ass kicking contest.

23-Apr-18

Ungie01201's embedded Photo
Ungie01201's embedded Photo
They are tough! That's for sure... I shot one a few years back that had a messed up foot.. the ball of his foot was double the size... the spur on that side was short and stubby while the other side was considerably larger... very large actually! Can't really see the difference in foot size in this pic, but certainly the spurs.

23-Apr-18
That's a BIG spur Ungie!

23-Apr-18
almost looked like he was going to start a double spur.

• Sitka Gear