Mike F 20-Apr-18
ELK ELSEWHERE 20-Apr-18
grape 20-Apr-18
skookumjt 20-Apr-18
Jeff in MN 21-Apr-18
Glunker 21-Apr-18
South Farm 23-Apr-18
20-Apr-18
I've been seeing guys from other places quite a bit lending their $.02. Face it, every state has its peccadilloes and we actually CAN figure out ours. Lets review some: You want to hunt deer in Pennsylvania and have a weekend??? Historically the season starts on a Monday..got a weekend? Only one day because no hunting is allowed on Sunday. Want to use your auto loader? Illegal. Want to bait bears?? Cannot-illegal. Want to hunt deer in Montana? Shell out 325.00. Want to hunt a species in Canada? Shell out the big bucks for an outfitter because it's the only way you can do most species despite the fact that they can come to the US, hunt public land and use an OTC license. Every place has some drawbacks. Discuss.....

20-Apr-18
........you been hitting the bong again.........

20-Apr-18
If you own land in Ontario you can hunt without a guide. I think it even applies beyond your own property. I think it is many species, I know it includes bear. Not sure about other provinces.

20-Apr-18
Is it pretty straight forward for a foreigner to own land in Ontario?

20-Apr-18
Remember, some own land, pay taxes and hunt in multiple states. Every "outsider" is not a troll, and yes all states have their issues.

20-Apr-18
There should be a way to block the xgunners preaching about the xgun rights. It is getting old. This site is for bowhunting and archery, not xgunning or whatever they call it.

20-Apr-18
I would hunt Montana if I could get that bargain price you stated

20-Apr-18
Jeff, You can not own land in Ontario, you can lease it and then you can only hunt on Crown Land and only hunt the zone in which you own land. Also, no one other than the lease holder can hunt. If a group goes in on a lease and want to hunt bear only one of you will be able to get a tag.

20-Apr-18
My father in law owns land in Ontario, not a lease. There are many people who have private land they own up there that they can bear hunt on. There is a family relation needed to hunt it.

20-Apr-18
Lots of people from the states own land in Canada. They have for years.

20-Apr-18
I also know people who own land in Ontario.

21-Apr-18
I knew there was some angle that involved with hunting on crown land too but was not sure about the details. I am pretty sure my neighbor that does this actually owns the hunting land. Not a lease. But I think it is a small acreage and does most of his hunting on crown land. If a group wanted to do this all they would have to do is buy/lease separate parcels.

21-Apr-18
There is 2 ways I have heard of US citizens owing land in Ontario. First is outright ownership, my family has a cabin on 20 acres near Minaki. Second is buying a 99 year lease.

23-Apr-18
"If you own land in Ontario you can hunt without a guide. I think it even applies beyond your own property. I think it is many species, I know it includes bear. Not sure about other provinces."

Better check the new rules, there's been some major changes...especially if you're wanting to hunt moose.

• Sitka Gear