Fran 21-Apr-18
Sosso 22-Apr-18
spike78 22-Apr-18
mrw 22-Apr-18
Sosso 22-Apr-18
Dinky 22-Apr-18
bowandspear 25-Apr-18
20-Apr-18
Anyone scouting hard this coming week? I'll be out at first light with a cup of joe listening at a couple spots for roosts. I learned the hard way last year how important scouting is pre-season.

20-Apr-18

awalk228's embedded Photo
Saw this guy while scouting/fishing this evening. Sorry for the bad pic, zooming in with the phone isn't ideal.

20-Apr-18

This is from last year, same time of year and same spot. Probably one of my favorite pictures of all time.

21-Apr-18
That is a great picture, awalk! I went out for a quick scout tonight after work. I saw one hen and found some spots they've been scratching quite a bit. I was hoping to hear a hear a few from the roost, but it was so damn windy I'm sure they couldn't even hear my terrible attempts at owl hoots and coyote howls.

Watch out for the ticks, today was the worst I've seen them since last year. This was a quick, unplanned scout and I went in without my permethrin treated clothes. I picked close to a dozen ticks off my pants.

21-Apr-18
Birds using some of my best areas right now. I`m seeing lots of scratching. Oddly though not much scat . In any event I think I might have blown up a spot last year using calls too early. This year I`m going in the night before and once roosted I`m setting up blind early on a ridge near where I found them . At least that's the plan.

21-Apr-18
Nice pictures.

22-Apr-18
How are spring turkeys? The fall ones taste great, but they’ve been eating nuts and berries (at least that’s what was inside). I can only imagine that spring ones were eating nothing but bugs.

22-Apr-18
Sosso I like spring turkey but the key is to keep the meat from drying out while cooking. The best ways I have had it was in an oven bag or wrapped in foil on a grill with marinade. If you bake it like a Butterball it will come out dry.

22-Apr-18

mrw's embedded Photo
mrw's embedded Photo
Went out to set a couple cameras this morning. Walked within 20' of a hen in the first spot, coming out of the swamp. Second spot I walked within 10' or less of another hen before I saw her. she got nervous so I walked off to give her peace. Then on the way home I see these birds maybe 200 yards from my house. Two Tom's and a hen are white! The other hens and a jake were white and dark.

22-Apr-18
Thanks for the tip Spike. Sounds super lean. I’ll be sure to keep it in mind.

GL hunting all!

22-Apr-18
Turkeys woke me up gobbeling this morning... had the window cracked bc the room was hot. They taunt me. Of course these birds are either going to be hit by cars, killed by a yote or old age. No where to legally hunt em'

25-Apr-18
Alright one if my spots I check in on a couple of times a week I see the same hen morning or night in the same spot. Suspect she has a nest there but she's been there for 3 weeks. I don't want to bump her off her nest, but is she hot bait to keep a Tom coming around? Especially if I pop up a deke ?

• Sitka Gear