Mad dog 15-Jun-18
Mad dog 15-Jun-18
Mint 19-Jun-18
Deadhunter25 22-Jun-18
Ace 24-Jun-18
stjohnh4 12-Jul-18
XbowfromNY 08-Aug-18
20-Apr-18
I'm a Florida hunter looking to hunt in Westchester County. Anyone know a good WMA?

20-Apr-18
Is there a reason you are focused on Westchester? What animal are you looking to hunt? A one time trip? Moving here?

Most property is private but there are some options with DEP properties and even more options if you are around long term.

22-Apr-18
My wife wants to visit family in the Bronx. I hunt whitetail. We're planning a November week and I figured I can take by bow and bag a deer. Enjoy the sit if nothing else. Is it just buck hunting with compound bows?

22-Apr-18
I've had luck on some of the DEP properties which you need to fill out an online form and print out an ID to hunt, but no big deal. You can take a buck or Doe with your general tag in Westchester but you can also buy extra tags for does and another either sex tag. If you don't mind buying a non resident license and you want to get out and hunt, it's definitely worth a shot.

22-Apr-18
Do you know of any good processors in the Westchester area? Where do you hunt? Thank you for the info. Hunters helping hunters. It's the beauty of hunting.

22-Apr-18

skipmaster1's Link
The main processor I know of is Amatos. I've done all it own for a long time. I don't hunt a lot of the open public land much anymore but there are deer for sure. you can look at the properties listed by the DEP by county and what you're allowed to do there. Shoot me a message anytime and I'll see if I can answer any questions or help you out at all.

26-Apr-18
No WMA’s. Some DEP property is open but not all. You will need a DEP Permit to hunt it. Not sure what the non resident regs are regarding it though.

15-Jun-18
I concur on Amato's of Somers and trying DEP land. Go online and do your homework. There are lots of places to hunt, but many areas are restricted to belonging to certain Deer Management programs. Get your NYS license and put in a doe permit for Westchester. Then go on DEP (New York City water supply land) and get a free access permit. They have quite a few areas u can hunt in West. From my experience, I saw most deer On the property on North side of Kensico Reservoir. We get heavy deer ticks up here. Many of us have found Permethrin on clothing works really well keeping them off you. Keep us posted. Da Bronx has deer in Van Cortland Park and Pelham Bay and guys hunt them, but you wanna stay outta jail! Mad Dog

15-Jun-18
Big Peninsula and Louden Point. Mad Dog

19-Jun-18

Mint's Link
You might want to check out Sterling State Forrest. It won't be that far from you and it is 20,000 acres or so open to hunting.

22-Jun-18
I have never hunted loudens or the big penn. are there decent deer numbers there?

24-Jun-18
Rad, make sure you don't buy a license too early. NY has an odd License year. If you buy one now it will be only good until the end of Sept. I believe the new licenses are available in August for the new license year which starts Oct 1.

12-Jul-18
Loudens Point and the Big Penn are very good. I hunt there all season. I also like Angel Fly off of I684 & RT35. Lot's of deer.

08-Aug-18
Anyone ever try Stayback Hill in Yorktown? the map doesn't show parking?

• Sitka Gear