Colorado
Contributors to this thread:
Blade 20-Apr-18
JohnMC 21-Apr-18
SlipShot 23-Apr-18
Vids 23-Apr-18
zimmy 23-Apr-18
20-Apr-18
Ready to replace 25X8-12 and 25X10-12 ATV tires for a Yamaha Grizzly 660. Your recommendations wanted for use primarily in the Rocky Mountains where trails are harder (rockier) vs. softer, some steep hill climbs with rock chunks, slab granite, crushed granite and sand, less mud that generally is not too deep but composed of a lot of sticky clay/gumbo that wants to build-up, and snow. There is concern for sidewall punctures from rocks, plant roots, and cactus spines which demands thicker plies. Also, would radial be better than bias for preventing punctures? Any suggestions appreciated.

21-Apr-18
I’d go with round ones - flats one don’t work as well. Hope that helps

23-Apr-18
I purchased a set of Rocky Mountain ATV Tusk Terrabite radial tires last year. They are great tires. Very good on hard rocky surfaces, OK in wet muddy surfaces. Extremely stiff, and wear good. They have very little wear after one season. Usually I'm lucky to get a year to two years out of tires. I think I should be able to get three maybe four from these tires.

23-Apr-18
I don't know details about ATV tires, but get thick sidewalls. I've had rocks slice the side of my tire open twice, once in my truck and once on the ATV. Better to spend money on the best tires than have it ruin a hunt.

23-Apr-18
Go to Walmart online, get a set of 4 Wanda P341 ATV/UTV Tires 25x8-12 Front & 25x10-12 Rear - 10157/10159. 6 ply, thick sidewall for $246.99 sent to your house, take them to Walmart mounting is free if bought thru Walmart. disposal of old tires are 55 cents a tire. Zimmy

• Sitka Gear