Paul@thefort 22-Apr-18
Ziek 22-Apr-18
Ursman 22-Apr-18
Huntosolo 22-Apr-18
8pointer 22-Apr-18
Glunt@work 22-Apr-18
BIGHORN 22-Apr-18
22-Apr-18
Looking for some advice...Would you report a tree stand to CWP, no identification and it’s been hung for at least two years (all-year), in a CO SWA? Or, would you hunt out of it which is legally permissible? A bit more context, it’s a 2 mile walk and the stand is in the only cottonwood tree surrounded by tamarak brush and obvious deer habitat. In other words, it’s location is optimal.

22-Apr-18
Hunt that sucker! But maybe check the structural integrity before climbing in...

22-Apr-18
I have and will report stands that have been left beyond the legal time limit on Colorado SWAs. These are our SWAs and if we do not protect them, we may lose the privileges we have earned both with, time, energy and license fees.

22-Apr-18
I agree with Paul. We are already being burdened with unnecessary regulations because of this type of irresponsible behavior.

22-Apr-18
If you use a stand that has been in a tree for two years, your inviting trouble. Weather and the elements have a way of affecting materials in a negative way. Would you trust weathered webbing or cable attachments or rusted hardware?

22-Apr-18
Thanks for everyone’s advice. I took a picture and coordinates and will contact the CWP officer. The stand has been attended to recently with new tie downs but is rusty.

22-Apr-18
I would report it or remove it. The tree will start to grow itself around it until it becomes part of the tree which may hurt the tree.

22-Apr-18
Rules on SWA are 30 days before season, 10 days after season and your CID needs to be visible on the bottom.

22-Apr-18
Most CWP's would say, remove it. They would do it themselves if they find the time.

• Sitka Gear