BIGERN 03-May-18
bigbuckbob 03-May-18
BIGERN 08-May-18
BIGERN 08-May-18
steve 08-May-18
bigbuckbob 08-May-18
BIGERN 08-May-18
23-Apr-18
Does anybody have any plans to head out for opening day? Just wondering if anyone will be hitting any state land or there usual spots?

23-Apr-18
Im gonna head out..do my 8 then head back..lol

23-Apr-18
Not in the rain. Thursday neither. Friday will be the day. Sunshine after the rain they will be talking. Saturday looks good too.

23-Apr-18
I never have missed opening day of turkey season, but with my new job, I won't get out until Saturday AM. I have been driving over Wood Creek Road in Bethlehem and cannot believe the number of birds strutting around in the fields and corn stubble there. Reminds me of the days when the Bronson family in Washington still had a dairy herd and I hunted there. There were so many ,it was crazy.

23-Apr-18
Yup gonna shoot for Saturday. Maybe Wednesday but gonna wait for my buddy to come with me. Seeing lots of turkeys around too.

23-Apr-18
Friday for me. Will be working Wednesday and Thursday.

23-Apr-18
I’ll be out almost everyday rain or shine. It’s only one month a year got to utilize that time

23-Apr-18
I'll be out Wednesday till Saturday. Then Monday and Tuesday with my daughter. Not many birds in NW corner this year. I was able to fill my tags in two days without any problem. Now I'm lucky to fill them for the whole season.

23-Apr-18
I'll head out one of these Saturdays. Probably bounce back and forth between CT and NY. i used to go 20+ mornings a season and try and fill all my tags in both states. Lately I go out a few mornings and kill a couple of birds. I haven't used anything but a trad bow for turkeys in years.

23-Apr-18

skipmaster1's Link
Here is one of my hunts from last season

24-Apr-18
Great job thanks for posting . Get my blood pumping before taking Thursday and Friday off to hunt .

24-Apr-18
Nice video skipmaster!!

24-Apr-18
I'll also be with my bow.

24-Apr-18
Same here guys. I'll be out with the bow. No firearms license or guns in the house. I think I would have a better shot with a gun as I'm really new to turkey hunting.

24-Apr-18
Thanks guys. I have fun taking the camera after turkeys. Shawn- the only way to learn is to jump in and do it. For me, roosting the birds the night before makes it so much easier. My calling is only ok, but I try and set up where I know the birds move through. It comes down to scouting and experience with the property. I've killed probably 15 birds on the same small stretch of logging road. If the birds are in a certain area, I know some will use this road. My advice is get them close and learn their anatomy. The gun is a little easier but the bow isn't impossible

24-Apr-18

skipmaster1's Link
This is my first CT hunt last season.

24-Apr-18
I didn't get my license of do any scouting . Maybe sat I could just go to one of my spots am probably see something .Good luck to the guys that go .

24-Apr-18
Good luck guys. Weather is not supposed to be good but get out there anyways. Greg thanks for sharing. You are a way better shot than you are a caller but it looks like you got it all figured out. Congrats!!

24-Apr-18
Longbeard- my calling is just good enough, my shooting is pretty good, but my scouting and studying the birds like deer improve the odds the birds come by inspite of my calling and close enough my shooting doesn't have to be great. ;)

Good luck to everyone out there this season! Be safe and have fun. Take a kid if you can.

24-Apr-18
Yes heading out tomorrow on state land. Been out for over a week with my 14 yr for Junior Hunter Training days.

24-Apr-18
Skip, great reminder to be safe! Turkey hunting can be very dangerous with the wrong people in the woods.

24-Apr-18
I'm going out with the bow

24-Apr-18
Nice videos Greg

24-Apr-18
Cool vid bud..i keep telling my self that "this will be the year i try this turkey thing"...maybe this fall..or next spring...

25-Apr-18

drslyr's embedded Photo
drslyr's embedded Photo
Skipmaster Whats your video setup? Here's mine. I just swap out the tree arm for the tripod when turkey hunting.

25-Apr-18

drslyr's embedded Photo
drslyr's embedded Photo
here"s the blind

25-Apr-18
Is that a matrix 360? Wish they where still in business mine has about had it.

25-Apr-18
Yup matrix 360 25 yrs old. Perfect shape

25-Apr-18
I'm using a Canon Vixia G40 and a Dark Horse blind

26-Apr-18
Yup my 2 main cameras are hfg 20 and hfg 30 and GoPro hero 4 silver for second angle

26-Apr-18
I had pulled two big gobblers in yesturday morning. My buddy couldn’t seal the deal one came up to his left and couldn’t swing around on him. 2nd one snuck in right behind him. Was a great morning tho!!

30-Apr-18

DeerDan 's embedded Photo
DeerDan 's embedded Photo
Called a few in this morning and was able to get a shot on one.

30-Apr-18
deerdan - congrats on getting a bird!! bow or gun? I went out on Friday but the only birds I heard were a mile away on private land. Tried a second spot and there was a car there already, so went to a third spot and a truck as there as well.

30-Apr-18
Nice bird dd...

So bbb if you go to a nudie bar you leave if theres a car in the lot ..lol

30-Apr-18
Yes notme bbb wants the jiggle joint all to himself

30-Apr-18
notme - the huge difference is I no longer have any use of a nudie bar, so I would drive by and reminisce. Completely different than finding a spot to use my gun while hunting, that is still useful.

30-Apr-18
Well done . I had one sat morning about 80 yrds out then walked off

30-Apr-18
Congrats !

30-Apr-18

nehunter 's Link
Nice Job! Its still an early season in the NW corner. It was snowing at 8:00 this morning, my Daughter hung in there without any complaining.

30-Apr-18
NE, no bear sights today?

30-Apr-18
No bbb, its to cold!

03-May-18

BIGERN's embedded Photo
VPA head
BIGERN's embedded Photo
VPA head
I got lucky too! Nothing but time to hunt now.

03-May-18
bigern - nice bird, look at the length of that beard!! And with a bow makes a super trophy, no luck involved, just a great shot. Were you in a blind up in a tree? From the angle of the arrow looks like a ground shot.

08-May-18

BIGERN's embedded Photo
Big enough spurs to hang em high!
BIGERN's embedded Photo
Big enough spurs to hang em high!
BBB, thanks for the kind words. Yes I shot from the ground, burlap for a blind. Had a hen and jake out ,(primos pair) and missed with a Bullhead first shot because I didn't dial them in like they tell you to. Pulled the second from the quiver and really did get lucky on a 30 yard shot moving away. I just retired like you and went the last 13 days straight hunting and fishing. Time to mow the lawn now, Later. ERN.

08-May-18

BIGERN's embedded Photo
BIGERN's embedded Photo
I did say fishing too.

08-May-18
nice ! that motor looks as old as BBB .lol

08-May-18
HEYYYY! Ern - how close are you holding that small fish to the camera ;) Looks like you're good at fishing too.

08-May-18
Been told I have long arms.....lol

• Sitka Gear