houndy65 01-May-18
MT Livin' 04-May-18
houndy65 18-May-18
24-Apr-18

houndy65's embedded Photo
home made targets
home made targets
My 13 year son and I have been making these home made box targets the last couple years. It has been a great project for us as a father & son and a little hunting money in our pockets.

24-Apr-18

27-Apr-18
That’s pretty neat, I can’t tell what you’re putting in them? I’ve always wanted to make my own to save a few $$, any pointers on what you use would be appreciated

28-Apr-18
If those are wooden frames, they would be like magnets to my arrows...

Fillings and arrow penetration data would be interesting.

01-May-18

MT Livin' blue & brown heavier Costco tarps, backed with a heavier thick hay tarp and the filling, I use shrink wrap and shrink wrap boat traps, what ever CDX plywood or OSB I can come up with without buying any and a inner 2x2 frame. The targets have worked out awesome. I have built some 4x4x24" 's for a local archery shop. The 3x3x24" 's are nice to stack, on all the target I recommend putting treated 2x4 legs on them and painting the frame. Everyone I have built them for so far have no complaints. We also I put flex seal on the top of the box and paint the rest. These targets last a long time the poly shrink wrap inside won't go bad. The filling stops a arrow at about 6 inches of penetration and I am also experimenting on using different backers behind the tarps. Do not shoot broadheads into these target!!!!!

Amoebus as far as the wooden frame, the trick is don't miss, lol.

04-May-18
Awesome, thanks

18-May-18

finished another 4'x4'x24" for a friend

• Sitka Gear