Ned 24-Apr-18
JohnMC 25-Apr-18
Ned 25-Apr-18
cnelk 25-Apr-18
cnelk 25-Apr-18
COHOYTHUNTER 26-Apr-18
Ned 26-Apr-18
24-Apr-18
Ok, I’ve hunted Colorado twice but been a few years. Read the regs several times. My question is , If I purchase a leftover tag, can I hunt the OTC units also, or am I restricted to that unit ? Also, How do I know which units have leftover tags, and how many are available? The regs seem kinda vague to me.

24-Apr-18
Ok, I’ve hunted Colorado twice but been a few years. Read the regs several times. My question is , If I purchase a leftover tag, can I hunt the OTC units also, or am I restricted to that unit ? Also, How do I know which units have leftover tags, and how many are available? The regs seem kinda vague to me.

24-Apr-18
Left over tags are limited to the units that hunt code is good for. Sometimes that means one unit, other hunt codes are good for a cluster of units. You need to stay in those units as they are not valid in the OTC units. After tags are drawn, left over licenses go on sale the first part of August. A list is posted before that but I don't recall when.

24-Apr-18
No, the tag will be for the specific unit or groups of units, you cannot hunt OTC units too.

The leftover list will be available online early august

24-Apr-18
Thanks for the clarification.

24-Apr-18
Thanks for the clarification.

25-Apr-18

JohnMC's Link

25-Apr-18
Thanks John that’s some funny sh#%. I needed a good laugh. So I’m reading the regs AGAIN and I can’t seem to find how many tags are issued (elk) per unit ( the limited draw units of course). It would be nice to know how many archers and muzzleloaders you would be sharing the unit with. I would call fish and game, but talking to government agencies is futile in my opinion.

25-Apr-18

cnelk's Link
Ned

You will find your answer here - see link

25-Apr-18

cnelk's Link
Or here [last year's stats] - see link

26-Apr-18
You could hunt an OTC unit with a separate "B" Tag.. ie, anterless archery tag..

26-Apr-18
Thanks for the info.

• Sitka Gear