TwoDogs@work 31-May-18
TwoDogs@work 27-Jun-18
Catscratch 28-Jun-18
TwoDogs@work 02-Jul-18
Catscratch 26-Aug-18
TwoDogs@work 27-Aug-18
Catscratch 27-Aug-18
26-Apr-18
Spring seems to be late this year. Hopefully the recent rains will produce some mushrooms if the weather gets right. Is anyone finding any? I took a quick look yesterday evening and did not find any.

26-Apr-18
Neighbors found big yellows and grays last week

27-Apr-18
found enough for the fryer on Tuesday. I will hit my better spots this weekend

27-Apr-18
Found some this morning...

27-Apr-18
I went out last night and found one that was very fresh. Also found a drop, needs another day here and should be popping big time here.

28-Apr-18
Seems kind of hit and miss in my area. Put in a couple of miles and only found 5 yesterday. None where I found lots last spring.

29-Apr-18
Looked Tuesday and Friday none yet for me.

29-Apr-18

GorillaHunter's embedded Photo
Got into the morels this morning, wish I could say the same for them thunder chickens.

29-Apr-18

30-Apr-18
I am glad some of you are finding some. I looked at three different places over the weekend where I usually find some, and got skunked. I talked to another local and he said he has been shut out also. My brother did find two while fishing in Morris county on Saturday. If it rains in the next couple of days. I have one more spot to check and will go back to a couple of other places.

30-Apr-18
1.5 miles today with no luck. Very little moisture under the leaf litter. Ill try again if we get rain.

30-Apr-18
Found 5 this morning. All were in drier areas. I usually find most along the creeks above the water high line here.

02-May-18
I finally found about 18 yesterday evening. This a place I looked last Friday and there none there. My brother also found about the same number yesterday afternoon in another place. I hope we get some rain today and tomorrow without the hazardous stuff that may come with it. If so there may be a new batch to find.

02-May-18
Wee got two and a half inches last night. If they were up yesterday the hail would have taken them down last night.

04-May-18

cwater's embedded Photo
cwater's embedded Photo
took the boy and the ol lady out to my honey hole on the 24th and found 2 1/2 pounds and a bonus shed, followed by a 1/2 pound the 27th and another pound on the 1st.... They should be every where this weekend!

30-May-18

ROUGHCOUNTRY's embedded Photo
ROUGHCOUNTRY's embedded Photo
I used to pick when I lived in Kansas and they tend to run larger in size than the ones we pick in the mountain burns in Montana. But.....you can find a hell of a lot more here and no dealing with ticks and chiggers.

31-May-18
That is quite a bunch of mushrooms. The Chanterelles should be up here soon.

27-Jun-18

TwoDogs@work's embedded Photo
TwoDogs@work's embedded Photo
I found a few Chanterelles yesterday evening. I hope these are just the first ones. Anyone else finding any?

28-Jun-18
Looked this morning and found none in the usual spots.

02-Jul-18
Catscratch:

I bound a few more on Friday and Saturday. They have been few and far between so far. I hope to check another spot this week.

26-Aug-18
Found my first Chants of the yr last night. They were young and looked to be lot of them popping up. Also a ton of other fungus all over the wood that I've never seen before. Wettest/coolest August I've ever seen and strange stuff is creeping out.

27-Aug-18
Catsratch:

I ate Chanterelles for lunch yesterday. I hope to look some more later this week. I like you see all kinds of fungus. We had four to five inches of rain in the last ten days and the creeks still are not running.

27-Aug-18
We had just over 2 inches total. I found a few tonight but they are already drying out.

• Sitka Gear